Lexar CF Memory Cards

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Takeda, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Does anybody have any experience with Lexar 4GB 133X professional memory cards (CF)? I was wondering how reliable they were. Presently I have the 2GB 80X cards, which I haven't had any trouble with.

2. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    I have a few of the 1 gig 133x......no problems whatsoever.

3. I have 2 of the 4 gig/133x variety - no problems here.

4. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Well here's a thread that I was about to create mysel, please pardon me if I hog it :biggrin:

I too am in the market for a fast card for my D2H and was hesitating with that Lexar 4Gb 133x and a Sandisk Extreme III 4Gb. For the same price which is "better" :confused:

End of thread-hogging :wink:

5. cooleyjb

cooleyjb

Oct 4, 2006
    What do you consider "better" I have both the cards you mention. I like the 133x and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I like the colors. For the prices right now they are a great deal. In my opinion get whichever one you like better. They run at pretty much the same speed for me in my D2x and D70s

6. No problems here....used them successfully in the D200 and the D2Xs. I also have Lexar card readers and no problems there either.

7. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Well that's why I wrote it that way :biggrin: I don't know what differences there are between both cards as they supposedly have the same write speeds.

Hum , I see both have a life time warranty except for Sandisk in Europe ... ( what the ??? )
    Maybe that will eventually make me choose a Lexar ...

8. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    I just finished doing about 5000 motorsports shots in 4 days at Sebring on 2 x 4 GB Lexar 133x and 2 x 4 GB Transcend 120x cards. They all performed flawlessly. The Transcend cards are much less expensive ($43 at Newegg, $78 for the 8 GB cards).

9. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    I bought 2 of the Lexar 4GB 133X memory cards from B&H. Be careful, however, the $30 rebate only applies to 1 card!!!!

10. I have a similar question. Nikon blesses the Lexar 80x card but is silent on the 133x version. Am I safe to purchase a 133x for use with a D200?

11. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    They aren't likely to keep their "blessing" up to date since the offerings for CF cards changes so fast. The 133x are fine. I've been using 2 of them and have taken thousands of shots with no problems.

12. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Lexar 133X

I have 2-2gb 80X, 2-2BG 133X and 1-4BG 133X and have used all on my D-200 as well as my old KM 7D. I like Lexar and use nothing else. Their lifetime warranty is a bonus.

13. Yes. You can't expect Nikon to check every single memory card that is released. Much like how motherboard manufacturer's can't list all sticks of memory that will work with their boards.

14. I recently upgraded (November = 2, January = 2 more) from 2 2GB 80x cards to 4 4GB cards 133x for my D2X. Operation of both has been flawless since.

15. Two of those as well... no probs whatsoever :smile:

I shot under 110F in India last summer and around 10F in Greece during Xmas. Camera D200

16. I haven't had any problems with my 4gb 133x and three 2gb 80x cards in my D200. I purchased a used 2 gb Sandisk Extreme III card from a Cafe member last year and it performs flawlessly. I plan to purchase a few more 4gb cards since the price keeps coming down. The 300x cards are supposed to come out soon and that should really decrease the price on the rest of the cards.

17. Before going to Alabama I purchased a couple of 8 GB cards and they worked just great, along with my 4 GB cards.... With shooting RAW and using the D2Xs I knew I'd probably need a lot more memory when shooting zillions of photos down there, and that proved to be the case. I don't like to put all my images on just one or two big cards, though -- I prefer to use several smaller capacity cards just to ensure that if anything happens to a card I've still got images.

18. Nothing is wrong with the camera. Normal occurance. It shows the uncompressed NEF amount, even if you are using compressed NEF. You will get more images than 240, probably almost twice, depends on the images sizes.

Cheers
    Nancy

19. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    Same here. I shoot NEF only, but compress them. I get around 500 pictures on a 4 GB card.