Lexar Image Recovery

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by bravocharlie, Mar 28, 2005.

1. I had a hard drive failure today and I've recovered some images from my Lexar 4GB card.

Even though the images were shot NEF + jpeg, I have a bunch of files named *.tif in the recovery folder.

If I rename them to *.nef they won't open in Capture. If I try to open them in PS as *.tif they are small and appear to be some type of thumbnail.

Any ideas? I'd like to recover the NEFs from the CF card if possible.

I used the Lexar Image Recovery software.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. I found some software that works well in recovering NEF files from the CF card. http://www.digitalleo.com/

There is a free trial, but in order to actually recover the images, you'll have to buy it for $27. It recovered not only the NEF files but also the jpegs. (I shoot NEF + jpeg). I found and recovered hundreds more images than the Lexar recovery software did. I highly recommend it.