LGH..One of My Favorites!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Jun 4, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I just love little green herons...especially up here in New England where they are pretty darned scarce.

A half hour after capturing the pileated shots this morning, this guy landed directly in front of me...soaked up the sun..and did a little preening as well....

original.

original.

original.

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, as usual, Jim! I also like the Green Heron -- an interesting bird! Like the first shot the best with the head feathers up -- great capture.

3. Wow Jim, truly incredible! The bokeh on that lens is so buttery good, it really does enhance the sharpness and exposure of the heron.

_/oe

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Don

These little guys have such a personality....besides being beautiful, it's one of the reasons that I'm so darn enthralled with them!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful shots as usual Jim.

He is a funny built bird. When he sits up with the extended neck.. Looks very ackward for the little body:>))

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Joe

The bokeh is even more betterer without the TC...trouble is, I rarely ever take the dam thing off of the lens!

7. The LGH is underrated too............the GBH seems to get most of the attention. Great shots!! :D :D :D

8. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Thanks Bryan (nt)

JF