1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Libellula Quadrimaculata

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by tojor, Jun 30, 2007.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow
    They are beautiful

3. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Excellent shots. Very good detail and colors.

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Gale. I like your wow. :biggrin:

Thanks Scott. I hope for nice weather tomorrow and some more shots.

5. #4 is fantastic Torben. #5 isn't showing for me, just red X.

I wish I had an oppoertunity to shoot again, it's been raining for weeks!

Alex

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Alex. I don't know why #5 is not showing. It's been raining here for the past week as well. I just got out a couple of hours today between the showers. Tomorrow they have promised some sunshine with occasional showers.

7. Excellent shots, Torben!

Agree, #4 is a fantastic shot! L. quadrimaculata shots doesnt get better than that...

No luck with the imperators?

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Jukka. I saw about 6-7 imperators today but they are very clever. Don't want their picture taken. I did get one in the grass but nothing to show. I'll try again tomorrow. I also saw a couple of mating C metallica again the shot I got was out of focus and I did get a decent sharp shot of the L pectoralis that is one of our endangered species. I think I going to report that find.

9. Absolutely! It´s one of those so called "EU-directive species" ... That´s how you can make sure your location there remains untouched, when you have them you don´t have to search droppings of Pteromys volans :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2007
  10. Very well done! Great DOF.

11. simply amazing

12. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Daniel.

13. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Randy.

14. Jti001

Jti001

Apr 21, 2006
    Those are sharp, and excellent caught in the frame, are the pics original or did you edit them?

15. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    #4 is almost the full image. The others are about 80% crops. Resized and a little sharpening in PS CS.

16. flynnj

flynnj

Jun 26, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Just Excellent.

Regards!
    J.

17. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks for looking and commenting.

18. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    It's been reported. I saw a couple today as well. They are being chased by the Libellula Quadrimaculata. Also got a couple of shots of the imperator. Not great shots but I got them. Really impressive dragonfly. No flying squirrels in Denmark I'm afraid but you should have some in Finland.

19. Because of those dropping even motorhighways constructions have been stopped :biggrin:

20. Such beautiful shots! I am most encouraged to take shots like these.
    Saturday they did not turn out as beautiful, but I had my TC on the 300.
    I will keep trying though because of such beautiful!!! inspiration.

So many wonderful shots in this forum!!!!

Thank you Thank you...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.