Share Life during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

We cannot work from home so we have to go to work everyday with special arrangement to screen people coming in and to control number of people in the waiting area. Oncology clinic is a low risk area so we are not worried and are almost working as usual, except having takeaway lunch. Today I have pasta with beyond meat.

View attachment 1658277
Hang in there, Phil - and thanks for your good work on behalf of others.

Empty campus where there should be crowds of students...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lisa's coffee is ready in the morning. It always smells good though I don't drink any if it because it seems
to trigger my migraines.

Internet photo :D ...

Just when it seemed like things couldn't get any better... We got six inches of snow last night. The good heavy wet stuff that clogs up the snow blower :mad:

Inside time has inspired me to take up a new hobby. An edible one :D

"Piggy" is enjoying his extended "Dad time" with me. Normally I'd be up and off to work by this time but now
his 'lap time' has greatly increased. But I fear the consequences of going back to work eventually.
The last time I was off for two weeks with him we had a lot of quality time together but the day I returned
to work he was so upset with me he peed on my cushion where we had spent many hours sitting together
after my operation.View attachment 1658301
This is pretty funny. You have one of my photos on your laptop!

Real Name
Andrew
I've started documenting the COVID19 impact in my little 'burg. Here are a few from todays 3 mile walk:
04-03-2020_X100V_walkabout_DSCF7944.jpg
04-03-2020_X100V_walkabout_DSCF7948.jpg
04-03-2020_X100V_walkabout_DSCF7950.jpg
04-03-2020_X100V_walkabout_DSCF7951.jpg
04-03-2020_X100V_walkabout_DSCF7954.jpg

Last edited:
Does all that wet snow make you begin to question your decision to return home a few days earlier than planned? :D
Makes me question it again...
But all things considered we're glad we came back. In addition to worries about potential travel restrictions another consideration was where we'd be best off if we did catch Covid when traveling. Figured the air travel was the highest risk of exposure of anything we're likely to do. That being the case Alaska's hospitals have prepared extra space but haven't yet been impacted with significant numbers of Covid patients. I think to-date we have three or four people hospitalized and just under 150 positive cases. State wide they're testing 250-300 people per day with 10-12 positive results. So far not experiencing the exponential growth in numbers seen most places.
As good as the bread looks (and probably smells and tastes), let's not overlook the quality of the very nice photo. Just get rid of the tiny greenish smudge in the top right corner and you've got a winner!
I've been contemplating getting serious about photographing as well as baking the bread :rolleyes:

This morning's visit to the pharmacy to get something for the ulcers caused by the clove oil I used to dull the pain of the abscess in my tooth [that was removed 2 days ago].... this has been a memorable time and I'm trying not to fall asleep at the computer this morning.
It was awkward talking to them because we had to remain standing but the plastic was hard to see though.

My pup is enjoying having all 5 of us home right now. He's getting lots of love and attention along with all the fetch he can handle. Add frequent walks to the mix and he's exhausted!

Asleep in between the cushions on the couch!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom