Share Life during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

Quick grab of my wife teaching her Sunday school class of 5 year olds by Zoom meeting in my home office.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This afternoon I decided to give an old razor a new lease on life - it rhymes actually.... :)

Besides the Covid 19 worries, I've been busy trying to help take care of my parents. Dad is on hospice and mom has memory issues. My siblings and I take turns helping out, but for various valid reasons, some couldn't help for a few days. I was exhausted and my daughters knew it. Of course, we aren't getting together, so they sent me some beautiful flowers to cheer me up. It was so appreciated. Things have calmed down a bit now with my folks (for the past couple of days, at least). Hopefully I will be able to work more and catch up. I try to briefly browse the cafe a little nearly every day. I'm finding that I have to mostly stay away from the news of the virus. I make sure I hear the headlines every day, but don't listen extensively like I was at first. Hearing too much news is overwhelming. I do my best to self-isolate, but mom and dad have to be cared for. Dad's medical needs are being looked after by hospice, but mom is having some heart issues and doctor's appointments are a necessity right now. I'm so grateful for my family and my faith. They keep me going. Technology is such a blessing in my life. I love being able to keep up with the kids. Our church had a broadcast today and Greg and I even dressed up in our Sunday best to watch it on Television. It gave us a little bit of normalcy. I had to get a selfie on my phone of us so we can remember this in the future. Hope you are all doing as well as you can. We are all in it together, that's for sure!!

_DSC5142.jpg

Last edited:
Hang in there, Terri! You seem to be doing as well as can reasonably be expected. You're definitely an inspiration!

Our church had a broadcast today and Greg and I even dressed up in our Sunday best to watch it on Television.
So glad you mentioned that! My wife and I are also thinking of dressing up for a virtual dinner with friends using Zoom.

My wife and I have a candle lit dinner every night, with music to match the meal. Most uplifting.
Terri, that rose is a gorgeous shade of pink, and even if you and and Greg are upside down, you look happy and gorgeous!
Peace!

Hang in there, Terri! You seem to be doing as well as can reasonably be expected. You're definitely an inspiration!

So glad you mentioned that! My wife and I are also thinking of dressing up for a virtual dinner with friends using Zoom.
[/QUOTE]
You are kind, Mike!! Thank you.

My wife and I have a candle lit dinner every night, with music to match the meal. Most uplifting.
Terri, that rose is a gorgeous shade of pink, and even if you and and Greg are upside down, you look happy and gorgeous!
Peace!
That photo of us was rightside up on the computer when I posted it. But was upside down on my mobile devices. I deleted it. I don't know why my iphone photos aren't working correctly here. I'll have to try a candle lit dinner for Greg and I soon!!

I feel for you, Terri. I went through a very similar situation about 20 years ago. Hang in there, we're pulling for you. While my Dad was dying of cancer my Mom had advanced Alzheimers.
Thank you for your sympathy, Jim!! It's a time that everyone has to go through at some point with their parents. So, I realize we are not alone in this. Our kids will have to go through it with us someday!!

Beautiful flowers, Terri! Darn, I missed seeing the photo of you and Greg! I haven't had any problems with sharing iPhone photos on here, but I don't do it directly from the device, I usually have first sent the image(s) to the computer, then resized and done any other adjustments I feel are needed, and then upload from my computer's drive.

That photo of us was rightside up on the computer when I posted it. But was upside down on my mobile devices. I deleted it. I don't know why my iphone photos aren't working correctly here. I'll have to try a candle lit dinner for Greg and I soon!!
They are very fortunate to have you. Best of luck.

I THINK its the angle you take the picture from on your phone. My best guess. I also go through the same when posting iPhone photos. When you preview your post pictures you can tell right away if they are not right. I always have to go to a program and twist them right or left.

I use this because its fast and easy. http://www.picresize.com

Beautiful flowers, Terri! Darn, I missed seeing the photo of you and Greg! I haven't had any problems with sharing iPhone photos on here, but I don't do it directly from the device, I usually have first sent the image(s) to the computer, then resized and done any other adjustments I feel are needed, and then upload from my computer's drive.
Hopefully the photo is there and showing correctly now.

They are very fortunate to have you. Best of luck.

I THINK its the angle you take the picture from on your phone. My best guess. I also go through the same when posting iPhone photos. When you preview your post pictures you can tell right away if they are not right. I always have to go to a program and twist them right or left.

I use this because its fast and easy. http://www.picresize.com
Thank you. I edited the photo in Lightroom on my phone and exported it. I think it is displaying correctly now. So your idea worked. Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom