Share Life during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

Real Name
David
Strange moment of solitude tonight at my home. I just had to furlough 100 of my employees. Very sad day....
That's sad indeed. I've had to lay people off and it's no fun. All we can do is look for better times ahead.
Furlough or Layoff?

I read something (could be wrong) about layoff allows you to file for unemployment or the stimulus checks while furlough doesn't? Just makes me wonder with is actually better for the employees.

Real Name
David
Wilson's been on the island in isolation a bit too long.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wilson's been on the island in isolation a bit too long.

View attachment 1658641
Don't remind me about that movie - I already thought about it a week ago when I had an abscess in my tooth that was recently prepared for a crown - and they couldn't proceed due to lockdown. Luckily the emergency dentist could remove it for me. Today I just got off the phone to my doctor who prescribed more anti-biotics for the ulcers in my mouth caused by the clove oil I was using to numb the pain of the tooth.... I'm having a great lockdown time :(

Real Name
David
Don't remind me about that movie - I already thought about it a week ago when I had an abscess in my tooth that was recently prepared for a crown - and they couldn't proceed due to lockdown. Luckily the emergency dentist could remove it for me. Today I just got off the phone to my doctor who prescribed more anti-biotics for the ulcers in my mouth caused by the clove oil I was using to numb the pain of the tooth.... I'm having a great lockdown time :(
Sorry

This is a screenshot of someone local making good use of his time off.

Real Name
Ken St John
Although I totally understand why we're all so "locked down", I continue to remind myself that I'm in the lucky 99.91% of the people in my county. (The county population is around 800,000 and there are currently 717 confirmed cases. That equates to .089% of the population.) I get how this sucker can spread, and since I'm clearly a prime target (age 69, slightly over weight with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes), I'm doing all I can to remain isolated, and I'm really thankful that others are doing all they can to "protect" me. I totally understand the math.

But, I am worried about the fear I see when I run to Lowe's, the grocery store or the base exchange. Folks look like they are trying out for the next "zombie apocalypse" movie!!

I don't have a sense of fear ... concern, maybe, but not fear!!

But I am really looking forward to returning to our normal lifestyles!!

Take care, y'all.

Ken

Real Name
David
Although I totally understand why we're all so "locked down", I continue to remind myself that I'm in the lucky 99.91% of the people in my county. (The county population is around 800,000 and there are currently 717 confirmed cases. That equates to .089% of the population.) I get how this sucker can spread, and since I'm clearly a prime target (age 69, slightly over weight with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes), I'm doing all I can to remain isolated, and I'm really thankful that others are doing all they can to "protect" me. I totally understand the math.

But, I am worried about the fear I see when I run to Lowe's, the grocery store or the base exchange. Folks look like they are trying out for the next "zombie apocalypse" movie!!

I don't have a sense of fear ... concern, maybe, but not fear!!

But I am really looking forward to returning to our normal lifestyles!!

Take care, y'all.

Ken
First, stay safe, my eldest is in Redmond.

I see some fear. but mainly for me it's watchfulness, some sheer STUPIDITY, and a lot polite thoughtful interaction. It even seems some drives are interacting more politely. :eek:

I feel ya. I had a root canal and before they could put the crown on everything shut down. Now I'm working with a "temporary" filling until...whenever. Could be wayyy worse though.
The dentist tried a temporary filling but it was too late, the abscess was already in my tooth.

They had ine a few years ago, they had to re-open it 3 times. NOT FUN.
That's why I just asked them to pull it. don't need complications right now.
I just got back from the pharmacy, collecting more anti-biotics.
Iris ..... er, I mean "Viris" went along for the ride.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom