Life Flight

I was passing the local hospital the other day when I saw this guy getting ready to take off. He didn't seem to be in to big of a hurry because I was able to circle the block, park and get him just as he was taking off.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice shot.

He could have been waiting for the engine to warm up, get clearance through some protected airspace, locate his destination on his map, or waiting for medical personnel.

Nice shot.

He could have been waiting for the engine to warm up, get clearance through some protected airspace, locate his destination on his map, or waiting for medical personnel.
Thanks...what ever the reason I am glad he was still around so I could get a couple of shots.

Very nice shot
Gale,
Thank you...I look forward to seeing some more of your airshow pics.

He didn't seem to be in to big of a hurry because I was able to circle the block, park and get him just as he was taking off.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
If he was patient loaded (and about 75% of the work of medical "birds" is interfacility transfer, not 911 intercept), he may have been waiting for crew instruction that the pt was stable and tolerating altitude.

I know that neither Boston Medflight nor Worcester Lifeflight makes any forward progress until the crew gives the ok that the pt is tolerating take-off. If things suddenly go awry, they can simply set back down (and thus the reason for the policy).

If he was patient loaded (and about 75% of the work of medical "birds" is interfacility transfer, not 911 intercept), he may have been waiting for crew instruction that the pt was stable and tolerating altitude.

I know that neither Boston Medflight nor Worcester Lifeflight makes any forward progress until the crew gives the ok that the pt is tolerating take-off. If things suddenly go awry, they can simply set back down (and thus the reason for the policy).
Gretchen,
If I had to put money on it I would say that he was on his way to another hospital, at least that was the direction he was headed.
Unfortunetly I had the opportunity to ride in one about 2 years ago...and it was a 911 intercept:eek:

Nice Image, that's being at the right place at the right time. :smile:
Raul,
thank you...I had driven by several times the past couple of weeks wishing I had time and a 12-24 to takes some static pics. When I saw him getting ready to take off I decided it was time to make time:biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom