1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Life Flight

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by sypher, Apr 8, 2007.

1. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    I was passing the local hospital the other day when I saw this guy getting ready to take off. He didn't seem to be in to big of a hurry because I was able to circle the block, park and get him just as he was taking off.

[​IMG]

2. Nice shot.

He could have been waiting for the engine to warm up, get clearance through some protected airspace, locate his destination on his map, or waiting for medical personnel.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shot

4. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Thanks...what ever the reason I am glad he was still around so I could get a couple of shots.

Gale,
    Thank you...I look forward to seeing some more of your airshow pics.

5. If he was patient loaded (and about 75% of the work of medical "birds" is interfacility transfer, not 911 intercept), he may have been waiting for crew instruction that the pt was stable and tolerating altitude.

I know that neither Boston Medflight nor Worcester Lifeflight makes any forward progress until the crew gives the ok that the pt is tolerating take-off. If things suddenly go awry, they can simply set back down (and thus the reason for the policy).

6. Nice Image, that's being at the right place at the right time. :smile:

7. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Gretchen,
    If I had to put money on it I would say that he was on his way to another hospital, at least that was the direction he was headed.
    Unfortunetly I had the opportunity to ride in one about 2 years ago...and it was a 911 intercept:eek: 

Raul,
    thank you...I had driven by several times the past couple of weeks wishing I had time and a 12-24 to takes some static pics. When I saw him getting ready to take off I decided it was time to make time:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.