Life Pixel

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by manzico, Mar 30, 2007.

1. I've got a question about Life Pixel conversions. It looks like you can do either an IR conversion (they replace the hot-mirror with an IR filter) or a UVIR conversion (they replace the hot-mirror with an all pass filter). I was originally thinking of having an IR conversion. I do a lot of IR stuff and being able to hand hold would be really cool. I would like to do UV too, so maybe there's some utility to the UVIR conversion. I know some folks here have some experience with the IR conversion. Anyone have experience with the UVIR conversion? Or better yet both? Pros? Cons?

thanks,

Dave

2. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I have ordered both IR and full spectrum for my old D70. Time to play with alternative light sources. :wink:

If you do just the IR conversion then you won't need filters and . With full spectrum you would need filters to pass only IR, visible, or UV. Which means you must setup your shot and then put a filter on and shoot.