1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lift off today,

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Was it the first flight? I kind of like to think it was, as the bird was just roosting not all that far from the nest when I arrived and as I sat and watched I just could tell it was going to go. I raised my camera and took this one and when it didn’t go I dropped the camera down and off it went, I just watched and gave it a thumb up and a little handclap. It s flight carried it to another tree about 50 feet away where it came to roost again. I almost believe I heard it celebrate with a KeAh to its Mom.
    Lou

592070091_8087a760d7_o.
    Canon EOS 20D    ---    400mm    f/5.6    1/500s    ISO 400

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice.

Nice little flight for the baby

3. 50 feet is a lot if you haven't checked out the wings.

Great update Lou

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Thanks for the update Lou. I'm still enjoying this series very much.

5. Yes it was Gale and we got 2 more to go I hope as I saw all three today and I just cannot believe the way these birds have come on so fast. Thanks for all the looking.
    Lou

6. Yeah Gary brave little one it is. I'm glad I watched it as I know by the time I got the camera back up I would have not seen the take off. God it was beautiful. Thanks for looking at the progress and still got 2 to go.
    Lou

7. Well thanks Andy and I am glad you and others are enjoying it as much as I do. So many people just want to take a picture and not even wonder what it is or where it came from. I think this forum is very nature minded with things like this as well as getting a nice photo. I enjoy my time here. Thank you for following this progress so far and 2 to go.
    Lou

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.