Light Meter for an iPhone?

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had a lot to share, but hope to be back in play this coming weekend. I have recently picked up an iPhone and was wondering if anyone might have recommendations for a light meter app which I can try out.

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still curious why someone hasn't made a plug-in (to the headphone jack or power connector) so you'd basically buy the app and the meter, and do that.

Seems like that's the logical progression of things.

Yup. You can get a host of other accessories, like a jack for your guitar or an antenna to analyze wifi. Seems logical to me, too.

Pocket Light Meter for iPhone is good, however, the Light Meter Tools for android is the best one I've tried. Of course, you need to make sure the meter is calibrated to your camera by placing an offset in the settings on both apps.

I guess if you have the money for the iphone adapter it would be be fun to play with, I would rather carry a proper spot meter for landscape and critical studio work. I do not want to play with a phone and jacks when out shooting. Sf/16R works pretty well with c41 and B&W negative film. Just got to practice and apply it, best to do on digital. :)

Real Name
Chris
I use an app called KitCam that has a live histogram, and adjustable shutter and iso (the aperture of the iphone camera is fixed at f/2.4.) Makes a great meter:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom