Light painting on Delicate Arch re-edited

I shared this photo several years ago. My son-in-law wants to give a print of this to his parents for a new home they just bought in southern Utah. I re-edited it using Color Efex Pro. I thought it might be fun to share it again now that I have a new edit that I like better. The night we did this was a very fun evening that I will never forget. We had a wild time hiking down with our headlamps and flashlights. There was no moon and it was so dark. It was my one and only lightpainting experience. I think we need to try it again, although I think light painting in the national parks is banned now.
_DSC5709-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Beautiful image. This is spectacular, and deserves to be printed.
I print a lot, and print big. I have another 80x40" print leaving this week. Something in post did add some noise in the blue sky. Depending on size, and what paper you are printing on, you might want to denoise just the sky a little. In print skies drive me crazy. We all know what a sky is supposed to look like, so it better look correct. Most people have never seen delicate arch- so they don't know. You can do anything you want with it. Looks great here.
It will be a wonderful print either way.
gary

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
This is an outstanding image!!! Really well done!

Beautiful image. This is spectacular, and deserves to be printed.
I print a lot, and print big. I have another 80x40" print leaving this week. Something in post did add some noise in the blue sky. Depending on size, and what paper you are printing on, you might want to denoise just the sky a little. In print skies drive me crazy. We all know what a sky is supposed to look like, so it better look correct. Most people have never seen delicate arch- so they don't know. You can do anything you want with it. Looks great here.
It will be a wonderful print either way.
gary
I agree. One needs to be very careful with CEP. I find most of the presets are way too strong in the default position. Detail Extractor, IMHO, can add a lot of artifacts. At first, pushing an image a lot may seem great, but the IQ does start to suffer. Start the slider at -0- and then move up very slowly. Using the control points to only apply the effect to a specific part of the image is a big help also.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom