lightmeter on D2H

P

papa85

will it happened :( my light meter on my D2H went out on me. Would you believe 3 months out of warranty :( , Sent it off today to Nikon repair. Hoping they will be considerate and fix it under the warranty like they did to a bunch of guys on DPreview :?: . Keep your fingers crossed for me. I sure do miss it already.

Hey Tony,

It seems to happen all too often...days after the warrantee ends...kablammmmm....something goes south! I hope whatever it is, they fix it for free.

I've been busy like crazy, Tony...I'll give you a call this coming week in hopes that we can get together.

Tony,
There's been a lot of reports of Nikon repairing the D2h out of warranty without cost. Hope it works for you.
Mike

Although Nikon Melville replaced my meter 3 months out of warranty, my situation is a little unusual and probably different from yours.

During the warranty period, the perfectly functioning original meter had been replaced by Nikon when the camera was in for a routine cleaning/adjustment. 1 month after the warranty period ended, I bought the now meter-replaced D2H from the original purchaser. Two weeks after I got the camera, the meter began to fail. Nikon gave me a complimentary repair and made me very happy. I hope Nikon comes through for you.

Glenn

P

papa85

Thanks guys for all good wishes.
Hi Frank, how you doing ? Same here have had no time for fun lately Hope to here from you.

papa85 said:
will it happened :( my light meter on my D2H went out on me. Would you believe 3 months out of warranty :( , Sent it off today to Nikon repair. Hoping they will be considerate and fix it under the warranty like they did to a bunch of guys on DPreview :?: . Keep your fingers crossed for me. I sure do miss it already.

It should be fixed for free as its a fault in Nikon orignal circuit board. One tech did eventually admit to me that it was a fault with the desing of the board that has since been corrected.

N

NeoMatrix

jgrove said:
It should be fixed for free as its a fault in Nikon orignal circuit board. One tech did eventually admit to me that it was a fault with the desing of the board that has since been corrected.

Do you know when it was corrected? I heard that it was corrected on serial numbers after 2040XXX...

Thanks,
Wes

NeoMatrix said:
jgrove said:

Do you know when it was corrected? I heard that it was corrected on serial numbers after 2040XXX...

Thanks,
Wes

Sorry i dont know that, and i dont think Nikon would tell you as they have never publically admitted the fault.

Tony,

I bought mine used and after 2 weeks the meter died.
It was 2 months out of warranty.
I have send them some e-mails and copy's of posts from dpreview from people who have had the same problems.
They fixed it without any charge. They also fixed the rubber grip wich came of the camera for free (i even didn't asked for that)
So great serviceover here in holland
Good luck with yours

alex from holland said:
Tony,

I bought mine used and after 2 weeks the meter died.
It was 2 months out of warranty.
I have send them some e-mails and copy's of posts from dpreview from people who have had the same problems.
They fixed it without any charge. They also fixed the rubber grip wich came of the camera for free (i even didn't asked for that)
So great serviceover here in holland
Good luck with yours

As far as i know Nikon are repairing this fault even out of warranty, after all the internet has been full of reports of broken meters, i am just suprised it never hit the newspaper stands in magazines!

Latest threads

Top Bottom