Lightning from last night

Lightning from last night - D3, sigma 24-60 and that lightning trigger i got on ebay, also tripod

1)
p147120173-4.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)
p209616400-4.jpg

3)
View attachment 892358

4)
p126225321-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Keith Jalbert
What did they hit you for the trigger, havent looked up prices.. great shots. I know the night our tornadoes come though we just had to point camera up and to the west, lol. Luckily the F4 hit 10 miles north of me

Thanks for the kind words! i paid 80 if recall correctly

My model is the previous generation that does not allow image peview when plugged into the 10 pin port. The new model on ebay does allow image preview when plugged in.

These are great. What sort of settings did you use for these?

I just ordered the latest ebay version. They claim to now allow LCD viewing without having to remove the 10pin connection.

I emailed them and they said they may be able to tell me how to add that functionality to my version.

My settings: generally 1/15-1/25 sec and f5.6. Now with the lcd vieweing you can check your settings. I usually have to preview an image or two to get the exposure right.

I just set everything on M with 1/10 to 1/25 + lens set to 2 stops of wide open on manual focus set to infinity and cable it on just hit as miss my shoots LOL.
missed one big storm this year so no photos yet

I just set everything on M with 1/10 to 1/25 + lens set to 2 stops of wide open on manual focus set to infinity and cable it on just hit as miss my shoots LOL.
missed one big storm this year so no photos yet

Before i bought the trigger, i would use bulb and hold the hsutter open and then when a bolt occurred i would catch it thanks to the open shutter.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom