Lightning Strike....

We had a wicked thunder storm last night and I was trying to capture some lightning. I caught a large discharge and a few minutes later noticed a red glow down my road. I raced down and a neighbors garage was engulfed in flames. Nobody responded to knocking on the door and the family finally awoke when the fire trucks showed up. No injuries and it could have been a lot worse...

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice pictures! Looks like you were in the right spot, and your neighbors were in the wrong one.

Glad no one was hurt!

Thanks Guys! These shots were with a 70-300 VR lens on a D700. ISO was @800 and f4 to 5.6. SS was 1/8th sec. The lightning was shot with a 50/1.8 on a D700. Exposure times were about 30 seconds. The closest I got to the fire would be around 20 ft.

Cheers

Thanks so much for the kind words guys! I got lucky with this one...Right time...right place. These images were submitted to the Winnipeg Free Press and they posted them on their online breaking news. Within ten minuites these images went viral and every media in town called me. I was a local celebrity...at least for one day....LOL...

Cheers

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom