1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lightning Strikes...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Desert Rat, May 22, 2007.

1. Three times... A few shots of all three P-38's in flight formation.. A loose formation, but I will take it...

Tech
    D2x
    200-400 at 200mm
    ISO 100
    1/500 shutter priority

Marking on planes are as follows

23 Skidoo Tail Number 162
    Glacier Girl Tail Number 17630
    Silver P-38 not sure the name..

original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 96995

View attachment 96996

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  2. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    I do love the 38's - remeber them flying in squadron over my parent's house heading to Wright Patterson AFB when I was real young.

GREAT capture!!!

3. Thanks Dave...

4. MrDalgof

MrDalgof

Apr 6, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    Great shots. I really like 38 with the D-Day stripes. I got to see Glacier Girl last year at Nellis. Lousy weather though.

5. Thanks Chris...

6. True, but I'll bet it was a lot better for her that the previous 50 years :biggrin:

7. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Great shots, good to see 3 of them together. Wasn't all that long ago there was only one airworthy.

8. Thanks...
    Actually there are about 6 airworthy P-28's now.. there are two out here in California most of the time.. the silver D-day striped one and the 23-Skidoo from Planes of Fame..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.