1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!
  1. From yesterday.

this storm was weak, hardly any cloud to ground and the bolts where THIN,

this was at 5:40PM Central time (day time is the hardest)
    setup
    D90
    35 f1.8
    tri pod
    9 stop ND filter

4sec @f2.8
    [​IMG]

2. i like this. great color.

3. thanks not anywhere near my best but its practice :biggrin:

4. Super capture ........

Best,

5. Love the colors...Nice shot!...

Cheers

Ted:smile:

6. GsxrBots

GsxrBots

Apr 14, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I really love lightning shots! Daytime ones are really cool. Thanks for sharing.

7. I don't think I have ever seen a sky with a green cast. Excellent shot.

8. thanks
    this storm was really odd, thin cloud letting some lght through so that must have gave the good colors

9. lossy

lossy

Feb 28, 2009
    ogden
    Seems like a fun exercise. When you first stared how many junkers did you have?

10. i first started with a PS :tongue:

day time shooting you can count on 98% junkers. out of 400 shoots i got 2 with a bolt (this storm sucked) and out of those this one was best

11. lossy

lossy

Feb 28, 2009
    ogden

Yeah I have tried a few times at night, but mostly they turned out badly washed out. Trial and error seems to be the best bet.

12. if they are washed out then you need to stop down, get an ND filter, or back away form the storm :smile:

13. lossy

lossy

Feb 28, 2009
    ogden
    I will try that, but my timing is terrible, I was using long exposure times to 'catch' the lightning.

14. Spoogen_1

Spoogen_1

May 3, 2009
    Longmont, CO
    Thats sweet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.