Lightning!

Wasn't sure where to put this. We had our first lightning storm here and I got so excited that I forgot to open the glass door. :lol:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here is one I captured last summer.

And a crop from it. :shock:

great lightening shots! So what's your technique?? Would love to hear the details--although unfortunately living in NYC, and not that high up, I don't get to see much of that outside my window, too many buildings and trees in the way. But maybe someday I'll be in the right place at the right time!

Janet,

There really isn't much technique to this. A tripod, remote release, 5 second exposure, and a lot of luck. After a while you can almost time the strikes so you don't have many empty frames.

Todd,
Both of these were taken indoors through windows or doors. When it gets this close, I would not want to be outside. Oddly enough, about a half hour after the house was hit and ambulance could be heard in that vicinity. I should go over with a print for them but haven't got the guts yet.

Love it. Weather is great to be in as far as I'm concerned. Makes you feel Mother (nature) is still in charge. Please show us some more.

Here is some more from the same storm. Enjoy

F15Todd said:
Those are some great pictures. I would never be able to capture these, you would find me hiding under the bed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exactly! I noticed he was too excited to open the front door. Um....actually kind of wise to me.

Rich

Rich,

I get excited when I see a storm brewing. Photographing lightning is my favorite. Is that wierd? :?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom