Lightroom 2 officially released (with D700 support)

Lightroom 2.0 has been officially released!

So what's new?

The short list:

• Everything that was already in the beta
  • Camera support - official Olympus e420, e520, unofficial Canon 1000d, Nikon D700
  • Official release of ACR 4.5
  • Volume Browser in the Folders panel
  • Easier way to change the folder hierarchy
  • Many of the date/time bugs have been fixed
  • Much improved local adjustment brush tools
  • New Gradient local adjustments tool
  • and much much more
The full loooooooong list is up: http://photoshopservices.wordpress.com/2008/07/29/adobe-lightroom-2-released/

It'll upgrade 1.x and 2.0 beta catalogs. Usual common sense backups apply.

Costs - new $299, upgrade $99

But this is the big one....

The DNG Profile Editor has been released as a public beta. It allows the building of complex custom profiles for use with any raw files (not just DNG). No more complaints about ACR/Lightroom's colour - it can be whatever YOU want it to be.

And what's more, new camera profiles have also been released which replicate the manufacturer's own appearance. No more 'why does Lightroom mess up my photos' - the profiles are an excellent match.

Download pages:

New Adobe Standard & Camera Matching Profiles: http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles
DNG Profile Editor: http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles:Editor
ACR 4.5 Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3941
ACR 4.5 Mac: www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3940

and most importantly.... the trial! https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_lightroom

I've just ordered the downloadable upgrade and have now installed it. Will play with it properly at home tonight on my iMac but it looks very good on my work PC.

OMG - Just loaded it and the camera profile beta, and played with it for about 15 minutes. The paintbrush updates from the LR2 beta alone are worth the upgrade! This is fantastic so far...

Now to figure out how to consolidate both my original catalog and my beta 2 catalog...

Real Name
Ian Moran
Problems with Vista Ultimate x64 & LR2 Registration

I purchased an upgrade key and despite being accepted by the Registration process (both upgrade and existing keys are shown with a green tick mark) the product still shows up as a trial and throws up the Try/Buy dialogue on startup.

Have you noticed now that you can obtain capture NX colors when installing the optional DNG Profiles addon? This is great!

I can't find the EXIF browser any more - used to be on the left hand side, you could search by camera, lens, date, etc

Seems to have gone - anyone seen it?!

OK, I've found the keywords, but I can't just click on say "Arizona" anymore and get all the tagged images.

Has the sharpening in V2 improoved? I thought caputure nx was better in that dept.

I think it has. You now have new options along with the Crop, Spot Removal, and Red Eye. You also have Graduated Filter & Adjustment Brush. Both allow you to select a setting, ranging from Exposure / Saturation / Brightness / Clarity / Contrast / Sharpness. Then you can select an amount (and on the Adjustment Brush you can also pick; Brush Size, Feather, Flow and Density) Then you select the part of the image you want and click, and it will adjust that specific part of the image.

I however, Haven't played with the Graduated Filter enough to notice a difference in my image but I am still working on that. So if you find out a good way to do it, please enlighten me :smile:

I can't find the EXIF browser any more - used to be on the left hand side, you could search by camera, lens, date, etc

Seems to have gone - anyone seen it?!

OK, I've found the keywords, but I can't just click on say "Arizona" anymore and get all the tagged images.

All still there, but they have relocated it in the Library module to the top of the center frame.....you'll see it if you are in "grid" mode only.

Ted

Guy - where are you seeing a D3 Portrait profile ? I see camera Portrait Beta 1 - nothing specific to Nikon (apart from the three D2X profiles)

Same with me, nothing camera specific other than 3 for the D2x. Doing the install seems to install more than what shows up. But darned if I can find them

In the camera calibration bit:

Camera D2X Mode 1 beta 1
Camera D2X Mode 2 beta 1
Camera D2X Mode 3 beta 1
Camera Landscape beta 1
Camera Neutral beta 1
Camera Portrait beta 1
Camera Standard beta 1
Camera Vivid beta 1

The D2x profiles are matches for the D2x modes that you can download for the D3, the others listed there are the matching profiles for the generic modes native to the D3 that Capture NX will read if set with raw files (ie. the standard D3 picture controls).

Latest threads

Top Bottom