Lightroom 2 question

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by woundedmallard, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Hey All,

Idownloaded the trial version of Lightroom 1 but it expired before I could find the time to sit with it more than once or twice. Now I've got the trial for 32 and want to take advantage of it as it sure sounds good.
    The only program I've ever used is Photoshop, graduating from Elements 4.0> Photoshop 6> now on CS3. Being so used to a certain way, knowing full well that the cataloging aspect was suffering in Bridge, I'm a bit "stiff" with LR2.
    When applying keywords, are they only visible when opeing the image in LR? I've re-opened them in Bridge just to see but they don't get attached to the original file it seems. Am I missing something?

My workflow is pretty basic, thus all the hype about LR2 seems perfect for me but it's certainly a different path than working in Bridge/ACR, going to take some getting used to.

Thanks.

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    you need to select the images and then press Ctrl s on windows or Cmd S on mac make Lr write to disk the default it to catalog only which can be changed in catalog settings Meta data tab put check mark in to write xmp Automatically

3. Thanks John. There'll be something special in your check for x-mas! :505: