Lightroom 5 for sale on Adobe.com??

Appears to be for sale but at "order review" it keeps giving me an error, saying to call adobe.com.

Given I've heard nowhere else that it's for sale, is that a mistake or did I just catch it at the wrong time?

becareful , it needs at least windows seven. vista users are out.

:frown: That is correct (according to the specs). I'm currently still on Vista, and am the type of guy that only upgrades the OS when absolutely necessary. ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is my mantra.) And, unlike many other users of Vista who encountered problems, it's always been fine for me.

An upgrade to an application I use would have to offer compelling new features for me to decide to upgrade the OS. From what I've seen and read so far, I don't think that LR5 does. <shrug>

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Bert - are you still on 32 bit as well? If so I can assure you that an upgrade to a 64 bit system with more than 4GB mamory and running Win 7 or 8 would be a step I would regard as necessary.

Bert - are you still on 32 bit as well? If so I can assure you that an upgrade to a 64 bit system with more than 4GB mamory and running Win 7 or 8 would be a step I would regard as necessary.

Nope. 64 bit with 6 Gigs Ram here. I know that's not a lot of memory, but this Gateway system can only take a maximum of 8 Gigs. Not sure if it's worth adding 2 Gigs of Ram, since everything runs fine for my purposes.

Oh no, I didn't see an upgrade option. I paid the full price......it's all downloaded and installed....drats!!! I purchased it from Amazon. The upgrade, as a download, must not be available yet.

Yay...just called Amazon. They are going to refund me the $149. They said that when Adobe sees the refund they will inactivate my activation code and my software won't work, but I will be able to buy the Lightroom 5 upgrade then.

Real Name
Randy
I prefer buying the full boxed version so when I get a new PC I don't have to start at LR1:smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom