Lightroom - How to do something question

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
I watched a Lightroom video on Youtube. One thing it showed was a display of the camera shooting stats., F Stop, speed, ISO, etc. I have tried to find it in Lightroom with no success. Can you guide me thru it, please.

Not sure if this is what you’re referring to or not. In either library or develop module when your looking at image in full frame, if you press letter “ i “ you can toggle the image name with image size, hit again to get image name , exposure info and lens used. Hit “ i “ again and back to just the image. This data info appears in the upper left corner of the frame. From the menu “View” - “Info Pallete.

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
This is embarassing but I am stumped. I can see nothing that says "Library" module or "Metadata". I looked at every tab I could find.

Real Name
Bill
Is it possible you have the little arrow I have circled picked and the whole row is hidden?

Screen Shot 10-22-19 at 05.41 PM.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
I can see nothing that says "Library" module or "Metadata". I looked at every tab I could find.
Since you don't see a Library option, I'll assume that you have the modules hidden while you are working on an image in the "Develop" module. You would see dropdown menu options at the top: File, Edit, Develop, Photos, Settings, Tools, Window, Help.

If this is the case, you can select Window->Library or use the keyboard shortcut Alt-Cmd-1 on the Mac (I think it is Ctrl-Alt-1 on a PC).

Now that you are in the "Library" module, if you are viewing a single image in "Loupe" view, you would need to change to Grid view, either by selecting View->Grid or keyboard shortcut G. (Incidentally, to toggle back to Loupe view, the shortcut is E). There are also buttons in the lower left of the center viewing area to change views.

Now that you are in Grid view, along the top of the center viewing area you should see the Library filters: Text, Attribute, Metadata, None. If not, you can force them to appear by selecting Library->Enable Filters or shortcut Cmd-L (Ctrl-L on a PC).

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
Guys, you are trying your best. But I am failing terribly. I try (Or seem to try) what is suggested and nothing happens. Now I am even having a problem with layers..

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Can you provide a screenshot from the video and point out where you see this info? There are lots of ways to see this info. A screenshot of your Lightroom also would be helpful. It will help us see what you see.

The backslash key (“\”) is a shortcut that shows/hides the filter tool. Each column lets you choose what you filter on.

There are labels you can display on the thumbnails and you can choose what shows on them in grid view (“G” shortcut).

There is exposure info you can display in review mode (“E” shortcut).

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom