Lightroom on a Macbook and a desktop!

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Perreault, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Perreault

Perreault

Nov 24, 2006
    Hi!

I have been using lightroom on my mac mini for a few months, I recently bought a Macbook.

While travelling in California, I transferred all my photos on the Macbook, I sorted them and edited them with Adobe Lightroom. How do I transfer them on my desktop mac mini if I want to keep the editing I did with Lightroom on the Macbook and want to transfer them in NEF format?

Thanks for the info.

Yves

2. I have just been asking myself the same question. Changes don't seem to be preserved when files are just copied and reimported. Between this, and the fact that Lightroom seems to drop maker notes (lens and such) from the exported jpeg, I'm growing more and more disappointed in it. If only Capture NX peope hired some usability experts, and fixed the damn UI ...

3. Not a Mac answer, but it should work the same as on a PC...

Upgrade to Lightroom 1.1 and you should now be able to import and export catalogs (they used to be called Lightroom libraries), which include all the modifications applied to the images. In doing so, you have the choice of including the pictures themselves (raw files) or not in the export operation.

The image files are never modified by Lightroom, unlike say Capture NX (if you so choose), so that's why the modifications are lost when simply copying and reimporting the image files.

4. Perreault

Perreault

Nov 24, 2006
    Thanks Philippe!

I just realised it was possible since I upgraded to version 1.1

Yves

5. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Thanks for asking and answering this question because I am going through the same thing at the moment and was begining to think that I would have to redo the modifications one by one :eek: 

Hoora for 1.1 :cool: 

6. Don't forget to either have write to xmp turned on or to select all in "all photographs" and save

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.