Lightroom Question/Problem

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by vettenut, Jun 10, 2007.

1. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Just picked up Adobe Lightroom and am getting use to it. Sucessfuly Imported pre-existing JPEG files and toyed around with them a bit, however just tried to import NEF (RAW) files and the software states "No Photo's were found to Import". I know the photo's (Both Raw & JPEG exist) because I can open them in picture project and Capture NX. Any suggestions?????:confused: Any help would be appreciated - Jeff

2. Jeff, v1.0 does not support files with the same name and differing extensions. Currently you need to rename one of the file pair. The logic behind this is that the raw is better and duplicate files are unnecessary as it is easy to export jpegs from LR when needed and so have less files in the system.
    Personally I don't shoot jpeg unless necessary and then it will be jpeg only. The problem doesn't occur for me.
    However I can say that Adobe are listening to the noise about this and you can look forward to what will be a free v1.1 soon. Read what you like between the lines.
    Hope that helps,

Enjoy LR !!

3. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Thanks a lot Geoff. I only saved the files as Raw + Normal JPEG to be safe in case I had any problems with RAW. Today was the first time I tried out RAW, I usually do Fine JPEGS but wanted to see what life is like in the RAW:biggrin:,but didn't anticipate the lightroom problem. Thanks again - Jeff

4. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    If you make a subfolder for either the jpg or nef files and move them into that folder, you can import that folder into LR. Then use the LR browser to move them back into the parent folder and you have both in LR in the same folder.

I did that for a while and then asked myself why I was importing jpg's into LR in the first place... couldn't come up with a good answer so I stopped.

Just my $.02/worth,

Bill