Lightroom slower than Bridge?

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by haze2, Apr 8, 2007.

1. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just downloaded Lightroom for the 30-day trial. After spending several hours with the program I have observed that it is much slower than Bridge. At least on my Centrino powered laptop. This is very annoying and I would like to know if any of you have made the same observation.

haze

2. Haze,
    I have it on my Mac products both laptop and desktop and find the speed quite good. I would recccomend that you go to THIS LINK and see if you can find a reference to processor/ram or speed issues.

3. Slower in what way?

4. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Dave, I'll check out the link.
    Jimmy, it's very slow to display pictures in the Loupe View. They come up pixelated and then SLOWLY improve to full resolution.

haze

5. Haze,

Make sure you have imported the photos with 'Standard Previews' - makes things a lot faster. If not, got to "Library", "Previews", "Render Standard Previews" (before this, of course, select the images to render the previews for).

Paul

6. yatesd

yatesd

Nov 5, 2006
    York,PA
    This is just because LR doesn't automatically render previews so it can import faster. If you want it to be completely ready in loupe view you can render 1:1 images or at least standard size previews.

7. This really sounds like a vid card or ram issue here

8. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a try.

haze

9. Haze, go to library>select all>render standard previews. Make the size of the previews 1.5x the pixel width of your screen. This may help.