Lightroom slower than Bridge?

I just downloaded Lightroom for the 30-day trial. After spending several hours with the program I have observed that it is much slower than Bridge. At least on my Centrino powered laptop. This is very annoying and I would like to know if any of you have made the same observation.

haze

Haze,
I have it on my Mac products both laptop and desktop and find the speed quite good. I would recccomend that you go to THIS LINK and see if you can find a reference to processor/ram or speed issues.

Thanks Dave, I'll check out the link.
Jimmy, it's very slow to display pictures in the Loupe View. They come up pixelated and then SLOWLY improve to full resolution.

haze

Haze,

Make sure you have imported the photos with 'Standard Previews' - makes things a lot faster. If not, got to "Library", "Previews", "Render Standard Previews" (before this, of course, select the images to render the previews for).

Paul

Jimmy, it's very slow to display pictures in the Loupe View. They come up pixelated and then SLOWLY improve to full resolution.

haze
This is just because LR doesn't automatically render previews so it can import faster. If you want it to be completely ready in loupe view you can render 1:1 images or at least standard size previews.

haze
This really sounds like a vid card or ram issue here

Haze, go to library>select all>render standard previews. Make the size of the previews 1.5x the pixel width of your screen. This may help.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom