Lightroom to Facebook? Best way to upload to FB?

Folks,

What is the fastest way to upload pictures to Facebook? It's such a pain to upload to my site, upload to my Flickr, and now upload to my Facebook also. I heard there was a plugin for Lightoom but never successfully managed to do it.

What does everyone do who uses Facebook to post their pictures? Not to mention having to resize them :frown:

Thanks,

Jonny, I don't quite understand what you're asking... are you saying that you currently upload your pics from your site to Flickr, and then from Flickr to FB? Or that you're sick of uploading your pics separately to 3 different sites and would like one upload to take care of all 3?

As for resizing the pictures, what I have done is create an action that resizes to "websize" and adds my watermark. I then use these for Flickr, FB, blog, etc. I used to have separate actions for each separate site, but no longer... I stick with 1000x665 pixels for pretty much everything. It's just simpler that way. :smile:

Lightroom 3 has full integration with Facebook and its REALLY easy to use. Once you name your album you just drag your pics to the album and click publish..

Jonny, I don't quite understand what you're asking... are you saying that you currently upload your pics from your site to Flickr, and then from Flickr to FB? Or that you're sick of uploading your pics separately to 3 different sites and would like one upload to take care of all 3?

As for resizing the pictures, what I have done is create an action that resizes to "websize" and adds my watermark. I then use these for Flickr, FB, blog, etc. I used to have separate actions for each separate site, but no longer... I stick with 1000x665 pixels for pretty much everything. It's just simpler that way. :smile:

Shaun - apologies, I should have been more clear. 2nd option - sick of uploading to 3 different places!

For your watermark, how do you choose where the watermark is placed?

Lightroom 3 has full integration with Facebook and its REALLY easy to use. Once you name your album you just drag your pics to the album and click publish..

OK - I am very new to Lightroom (Still at the stage where I hate it because I can't work out how to do certain things!). Can you give me an idiots step by step guide for this?

Thank you both for your responses. Kindest regards,

That's the same as me.
Download it
Unzip It
File > Lightroom Plug-In Manager
Click Add
Find the plug-in
It will say the catalog must be updated > OK
Close LR
Open LR
select photos
File > Export
At the top it says Export to: > select jf Facebook
Authenticate to Facebook, you only need to do this once

This is wonderful guys - thank you very much :) I will defintely check this out.

Kindest regards,

Shaun - apologies, I should have been more clear. 2nd option - sick of uploading to 3 different places!

For your watermark, how do you choose where the watermark is placed?

I understand the annoyance, but I don't think there's a way to integrate one upload to all of the places? Didn't read the other responses, though. For my watermark, I decided that the lower right-hand corner would be best for 90% or more of the pictures I shoot... since I shoot people, their faces and other important parts of the picture rarely end up down there. Then, my brother and I followed a tutorial on the Russel Brown site which showed how to make a watermark appear in the same spot on every picture no matter the orientation. We combined this with another tutorial on how to resize a picture to the same dimensions no matter what the orientation, and whala. I'll see if I can find the right tuts for yah...

I understand the annoyance, but I don't think there's a way to integrate one upload to all of the places? Didn't read the other responses, though. For my watermark, I decided that the lower right-hand corner would be best for 90% or more of the pictures I shoot... since I shoot people, their faces and other important parts of the picture rarely end up down there. Then, my brother and I followed a tutorial on the Russel Brown site which showed how to make a watermark appear in the same spot on every picture no matter the orientation. We combined this with another tutorial on how to resize a picture to the same dimensions no matter what the orientation, and whala. I'll see if I can find the right tuts for yah...

Shaun, with all due respect, check out the posts above. It'll save you time.

Sorry, Greg. I just didn't get from the above posts that his original question was answered. It seemed to me that he wanted some sort of way to upload to all the different sites at one one, not one at a time. I guess I misunderstood.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my questions. It is greatly appreciated :smile:

Of course you can add a watermark in Lightroom (fully customizable) in Lightroom when you export or in your case Publish the images.
Shaun mate - your way is way to hard:eek: - Lightroom makes it all easy!!!:tongue:

Of course you can add a watermark in Lightroom (fully customizable) in Lightroom when you export or in your case Publish the images.
Shaun mate - your way is way to hard:eek: - Lightroom makes it all easy!!!:tongue:

I know, Geoff... I still haven't fully gotten into using LR. I am a very slow learner when it comes to new software, and just haven't committed the time to it... so in LR, I can still use my own custom watermark and place it quickly and easily in the exact same place on a large amount of pics without having to run an action?

And just to add, the action was a little difficult to create the first time (keep in mind that I'm not adept at actions), but after that, this method is dead simple! :smile:

That's the same as me.
Download it
Unzip It
File > Lightroom Plug-In Manager
Click Add
Find the plug-in
It will say the catalog must be updated > OK
Close LR
Open LR
select photos
File > Export
At the top it says Export to: > select jf Facebook
Authenticate to Facebook, you only need to do this once

OK, excuse my stupidity but I ran into some issues. I downloaded it and it opened in Winrar. I located the .exe file and double clicked it. Something appears on the screen for a millisecond and then that's it... Not sure what happens, but I don't know where the plugin goes or if it was even unzipped. I hate Winrar!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom