Lightroom to Smugmug question

After using CS5 for a couple of years, I finally added Lightroom 5 to my computer. Needless to say, I've had my head in the computer 24/7 for the last few days. With the help of an old Kelby book and an Evening book, I'm starting to see a slight bit of light. I got the plug-in installed to publish to Smugmug; but on my test run I noticed that the published picture shows a lot smaller than the ones previously loaded from CS5. I've searched the web to no avail! Any suggestions?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

are you using the New smug mug as you can customize your Galleries in the new smugmug to be whatever size you wish them to be.

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Dossy,

Have you installed the latest plug-in from http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321 ???

In LightRoom, there is an Image Sizing option in the publish settings for SmugMug. Mine is set to the defaults (resize to fit 100 megapixels and resolution of 240 pixels per inch and don't enlarge). All my files are uploaded at full size.

You might try unchecking the "Resize to Fit: " checkbox and see if that changes anything.

For Facebook you would want to resize so that the long edge is something like 720 pixels or less, but for Smug Mug you might want to publish the full size image.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
are you using the New smug mug as you can customize your Galleries in the new smugmug to be whatever size you wish them to be.
Dossy,
Thanks! I am using the new Smugmug.
Have you installed the latest plug-in from http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321 ???

In LightRoom, there is an Image Sizing option in the publish settings for SmugMug. Mine is set to the defaults (resize to fit 100 megapixels and resolution of 240 pixels per inch and don't enlarge). All my files are uploaded at full size.

You might try unchecking the "Resize to Fit: " checkbox and see if that changes anything.

For Facebook you would want to resize so that the long edge is something like 720 pixels or less, but for Smug Mug you might want to publish the full size image.
Thanks for the info! I'm going to check this later and report back. I did just download the plug-in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bill, I'm glad to report I finally had the lightbulb moment. Besides being new to Lightroom, I just figured out I can pull up all sorts of editing boxes by control-click on my Mac (I had previously come from a right-click universe). Once I got the "secret pass," I was able to play with your suggestion. I think I've got it now! Thanks again for your good info!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom