Lightweight travel tripod...advice.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vernon t, Aug 15, 2005.

1. OK, after once again traveling to Colorado with two 48 pound barely airline-permissible bags and "NO" tripod and once again shooting landscapes, waterfalls and tiny mushrooms handheld I need to invest in a lightweight three legged image stabilization system. Yeah...duh,Vern!

My weighty car-trunk based tripod would have put me over the limit, weight-wise unless I left my XM-satellite-radio boom-box and espresso machine and fly fishing stuff at home but these are indispensable travel accoutrement's.

What do you guys and girls travel with to compromise weight and stability.

Anybody have the little Gitzo G1027...at 0.73 Kg is looks attractive.

2. William

William Guest

Gitzo Basalt Weekend Series 0

I've already made a post re the tripod's specifications. It's very light and can support the D2H/X with an average lens, as well as compact enough to fit in a daypack.

Highly recommended. It ROCKS (already used that joke too)

3. That's the one that I got. It is a great combination of strength and size. highly recommended

4. debult

debult

Jun 11, 2005
    The Netherlands