Like a Learning Curve.

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, May 23, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The little camera is two weeks old today. These are strips excerpted from Rolls 5 and 6. I used trix. except I just bought 2 rolls of Portra NC 400. Kodak did good by sending out that free film, eh? Well, here's what I did last week:

[​IMG]

(developed in HC110b for 6 minutes at 68°F)

2. Kool yeh..i like the strip there with the glass blocks, the lampshades and the toilet...whew! my kind of subjects, hope to see some larger size ima ges

3. Personally, I recommend standing closer to urinals.

Looks good!

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ima guess that too Rodney! :Wink: Thanks!

Hiya Ed! I would but it smells bad and the Ultron only focuses to 35 inches. That's my least favorite thing about it. I have found a Heliopan close-up filter in the used bin at the camera store. The range finder doesn't work then, so it's all about measuring and stopping down. The picture of my desk (#10) is done with the close-up lens attached.

5. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    i wish i'd gotten some free portra....i lost the paper i had with the url written down on it. bummer.

i like these shots a lot, chris. its a really interesting collection. i really like the look of them, in addition of course to the compositions and subjects. good stuff.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Davo. I write things like phone numbers on little sticky notes. They always turn up in the lint catcher of the dryer, looking like owl pellets.

7. Great shots there, Chris! Good conversi n, too. Can I see them in color?

8. Doh! I misread. I thought those we're from a color film and I was like "Jeez! Those are just like true B&W!".

Good shooting Chris! You're getting a long with the M4P quite well heh?

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    noob.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ya. I'm loving it! I have indeed packed up all my other cameras (except for the D70ir and CP950, but just for emergencies. :Wink: )

I'm finding that indeed the viewfinder is my friend! When I bring it up to my eye, I can put the frame-lines right where I want them, then watch the action til it's just right.

I did put some color film in it today. I want to try the David Hockney thing, and figure the Leica will be just the camera for that. I don't think I would convert a color film image to B&W though. I mean this Portra is expensive!

11. If I manage to drag my busy self to the post office in the near future, I'll send you the Portra Kodak sent me if you like.

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wanna trade for it?