Like mother, like daughter...

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Aug 2, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    There is something about the eyes of the women in my life. :)

[​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Charles,

I really love this shot. Not only are her eyes blue but she is beautiful. I just love children. Hopefully, Lord willing we will have a little girl to call our own one day. My boys keep saying they want a sister.

You have done well with this capture.

Thanks for sharing,

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I agree with you Patrick, but my son is just a cute. He just doesn't sit still long enough for me to get a good composition on him. :)

Here is a color version as well.

[​IMG]

4. Like you tight crop on this one Charles. Cute little gal. I like the color version the best.

5. saturnine

saturnine Guest

She is such a beautiful girl! The black and white version gives a totally different perspective than the color version.

6. Great rendition! Sometimes this kind of shots is overdone (eyes too piercing) but yours is decent. I like it very much.
    Cheers

7. F A N T A S T I C photo Charles!!!
    You have done an amazing job "producing" both daughter and image ;-)

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow....I am very impressed. I am usually not too interested in B&W images...but they are both wonderful. When you get a moment, I'd like to know which lens you used and the pertinent EXIF information. I would love to give that I try. Great work, Charles.

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice job Charles

For some reason, I rarely like the B&W version of a shot better, but somehow this one really works! Guess I like the softness of it, and the colorization of her eyes isn't overdone, or too saturated.

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    This shot happened because I am having issues with Nikon's flash system on the D2x. During the day when I would get a few free minutes I would experiment with the flash. Amanda was sitting at one of our desks at work playing a Disney game. Our office lighting is horrible so I put the shutter speed at 1/250 to dump the ambient light and make the flash main.

Bounced flash off the ceiling with the bounce card out to put more light onto here face. Lens was the 50mm f1.4 at f2 which gives the very narrow DOF. I think I focused manually, but I could be wrong about that. There was so much detail in her skin that I spent most of my time trying to smooth it out. I used Nik filters for B&W conversion.

Maybe I should have more problems and experiment more so I can get better pictures. :lol:

11. WOW, I really like how you did this shot....well done!! :D :D :D

12. Beautiful shot of a gorgeous little girl. What's that wrapped around her little finger??? Ohhh, it's YOU, Charles!! *LOL*