Likes, Agrees,etc

Real Name
Eamonn
Well, someone in this thread said "Argue with Dignity", boy is THAT guy full of the wash of the hog ..... ;)

Why is it that an old phart like me actually thinks that in this case, this silly buttons actually serve a purpose, for full disclosure I hate the darned things, I would prefer to have actual content and discussion. That said, when all a post says is "Nice", "WOW", "Good shot!" I actually have to wade through pages and pages of that dreck, on every stinkin' picture I post, you all know that is true, right????? At least with these silly, sloppy buttons I just see a count instead of wading through all of them, I can still see who liked what, and not waste nearly as much time trying to be polite enough to leave them a reply. The folks that still want to discuss, or even "Argue with Dignity", will still leave a reasonable comment, such "Dewey you JERK, you HAVE to stop clipping those wings, that just ain't RIGHT!!!!!", my gosh I love those :p

So in the end, I really don't care, I can take them or leave them, it won't really matter in the long run. Lazy people will remain lazy, long winded ones like me, well, we mean well.

Oh, wait, forget all that. I just read Jonathan's post again, I NEED to make all those worthless but polite replies to keep my post count up!

Aren't you all glad I'm back???????

ps. We should only have "nice" buttons. No "Dislike" or "You Suck" buttons. I'd rather live in my dream than know reality .....

No button could express humour like this...

Real Name
Randy
Well, someone in this thread said "Argue with Dignity", boy is THAT guy full of the wash of the hog ..... ;)

Why is it that an old phart like me actually thinks that in this case, this silly buttons actually serve a purpose, for full disclosure I hate the darned things, I would prefer to have actual content and discussion. That said, when all a post says is "Nice", "WOW", "Good shot!" I actually have to wade through pages and pages of that dreck, on every stinkin' picture I post, you all know that is true, right????? At least with these silly, sloppy buttons I just see a count instead of wading through all of them, I can still see who liked what, and not waste nearly as much time trying to be polite enough to leave them a reply. The folks that still want to discuss, or even "Argue with Dignity", will still leave a reasonable comment, such "Dewey you JERK, you HAVE to stop clipping those wings, that just ain't RIGHT!!!!!", my gosh I love those :p

So in the end, I really don't care, I can take them or leave them, it won't really matter in the long run. Lazy people will remain lazy, long winded ones like me, well, we mean well.

Oh, wait, forget all that. I just read Jonathan's post again, I NEED to make all those worthless but polite replies to keep my post count up!

ps. We should only have "nice" buttons. No "Dislike" or "You Suck" buttons. I'd rather live in my dream than know reality .....
Yes we're glad you're back

Hey, Brian, are you in my neck of the woods? Northern VA? :) Yeah, I really miss Penn Camera -- I had shopped there for years and loved going in there! I'd known some of the sales personnel for all that time and they knew me. It was a real blow when we started seeing signs of trouble and then eventually Penn became Calumet and then after a while, that, too, vanished..... I know one of the sales people is working at PhotoCraft (now District Camera) and one or two others are over at Ace Photo; don't know where Chip went, or Arlene.
Do you know where Dante ended up?

I've been in Northern Virginia since 1970, in Woodbridge for the last 25 years. Work in DC, going over the Wilson Bridge since 1979.

I bought the Df from the Photocraft store in Burke. But- I tend to buy most of my gear off Ebay or Forums these days, usually go after older classic gear.

With the "Emoticon" buttons, after seeing them for years on Leicaplace and Amin's other forums: Members often use them AND leave a post. You do not have to use them. There introduction did not change the flavor of those forums.

And da, da, da- what would Spock do with Emoticons?

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen

THIS is why I've missed you so much!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!

I've been in Northern Virginia since 1970, in Woodbridge for the last 25 years. Work in DC, going over the Wilson Bridge since 1979.

I bought the Df from the Photocraft store in Burke. But- I tend to buy most of my gear off Ebay or Forums these days, usually go after older classic gear.

With the "Emoticon" buttons, after seeing them for years on Leicaplace and Amin's other forums: Members often use them AND leave a post. You do not have to use them. There introduction did not change the flavor of those forums.

Hiya, Neighbor! :) Ah, yes, the nine circles of Hell...... and Inferno! With the traffic in Northern Virginia becoming worse and worse it is beginning to feel kind of like that, isn't it? I feel for you, having to deal with driving over the Wilson Bridge every day to get into the city......

I haven't been doing much photography lately so it has been a while since I've set foot in any photo store at all! They'll have forgotten who I am....

As for emoticons and smilies, I have never been a keen user of them and just about the only one I use on any regular basis is the smiling one :) (I still do it the old-fashioned way, too, by using my keys rather than clicking on the smilie symbol.) I'll probably just ignore the "Like," "Agree," etc buttons altogether and continue saying whatever it is I want to express.

As for emoticons and smilies, I have never been a keen user of them and just about the only one I use on any regular basis is the smiling one :) (I still do it the old-fashioned way, too, by using my keys rather than clicking on the smilie symbol.) I'll probably just ignore the "Like," "Agree," etc buttons altogether and continue saying whatever it is I want to express.

WOW, such a great post! You said it so well, I Like it and I Agree! I Appreciate this, think it is a Winner too! And so Informative, how did you wrap this all up so neatly, into such a Useful bundle? And you even added the "Smiley" to make it Funny, just WOW!

I think I got 'em all, now if I could just figure out how to use the buttons, it would be so much shorter.

Of course if you Didn't continue saying your whatever's, we might think you had become one of the Pod People or something.

I don't have an opinion about the buttons. They don't fill any gaping void in my life, but on the other hand they don't bother me either.

FYI, Dante is out at Ace in Ashburn. Great guy. He was a big help for me at Penn in Tysons and now at Mo's Ace location.

I will make a trip out there! Have to bring the Nikkor-SC 5cm F1.5 with me when I do. Better yet- bring all 5 Nikkor lenses from the 1940s that I have.

Thankyou!

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
So, this probably would be too much?

upload_2017-3-21_17-24-38.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lew, I am going to use that image
upload_2017-3-21_17-24-38-png.png

credited to your good self of course as is only fair the next time that sentiment is invoked here thank you for taking the time to provide a nice full size version :LOL:

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
www.GIFCreator.me_HjG8xV.gif

Buttons are great if you really are unable to formulate thoughts and words. Positive-only reviews from the thoughtless and wordless - gives you my sense of their value and the value for the site. Makes this site which was better and unique more like the others and worse IMHO.

Real Name
Randy
Buttons are great if you really are unable to formulate thoughts and words. Positive-only reviews from the thoughtless and wordless - gives you my sense of their value and the value for the site. Makes this site which was better and unique more like the others and worse IMHO.
+1

I couldn't have said this better myself. Agree 100%!

Latest threads

Top Bottom