lil girls soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by trenchmonkey, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ah, nice Will. Similar to what I had yesterday. At least it gives you the opp for some nice "Mike Mac" shots like #3, :smile:

2. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I like 3 and 4. Love the expression on 4.

3. Thanks, Chris. Yeah, nothing great here but fun nonetheless! :smile:

4. Appreciate it, Jeff. :smile:

5. jfriend

jfriend

Nov 11, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    I loved the 70-200 when my kids were on those smaller fields. It looks like you have it in your arsenal for next time.

Both my kids are now playing on full sized fields where even 400 often isn't as much as I want/need.

6. Thanks John! Yeah, the zoom would be very handy tho I'd expect to be at or
    near 200 most of the time...and my back wouldn't mind the weight loss! :biggrin:

7. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    I’ve used my 300 f/2.8 with and without a 1.4 TC. It’s a little long for this age group, but it does make for some very nice sportraits with creamy bokeh. I try for those kind of shots at all age groups, so this lens works fine for me at this age level. This is just the kind of light I’ve had for all soccer games this year, but worse backgrounds than you have. I’ve done it with a D2H and tried my D200 this week for the heck of it, and next weekend, I’ll get to try a brand new D300.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.