1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

LiL' OSPREY WHISPERIN'

Discussion in 'Birds' started by BirdManPhotographer, Jul 2, 2008.

1. cfjvoiavae9r9ahv98ae9fva0eja9jfqafk0qafo

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
  2. Wonderful captures! Would you believe I got an osprey and didn't know what it was! Keep em comin when you can! I chuckled at the swim mask in the nest - that was hard down funny! Every photo is nice and sharp like those talons! :eek: :biggrin:

3. Hey Mike, incrediable shots. Excellent.

4. The captures are incredible Mike!
    The first few seem like they could use more contrast. The last few are fine.
    hmmm...
    Fred

5. Mike those are just wonderful!!! The only thing I might suggest is to add a bit more contrast, but I am on my laptop. Otherwise the colors look great along with the sharpness!

Nancy

6. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    a little pale but great action for sure

7. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    all you guys sure get up close to these guys ,,, closest I got was across the lake ,,, hahaha,,, first couple on the light side but the rest seemed in there,, great captures ,,, I got to get me some of these in action to catch up to you guys

8. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Cool series, best of luck with your computer.

9. superb shots well captured, add a little more contrast to the first few and you are good to go.

Beautiful birds Osprey, one of my favourite.

10. killer series buddy, some really amazing action shots., I can't say much about the processing, since I am so poor at it., but they look pretty good.

11. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Mike:
    Good to see a post from you and know you're alive and kickin'!! Glad to see you got your camera issues resolved and are back imaging. Can't help[ you much with the computer issues. Your summer sun is so much more brighter than ours here, it's hard to relate. The colors look okay, but the exposure might be a little overdone (the images lack you usual contrast).
    Hey, before I forget, I got into some BCNH yyesterday. Not your "tame birds, mind you, but we did okay. Check out the thread.

12. Really nice shots and if the contrast was boosted a tade I think it would help. Hope your computer gets fixed soon. I know all to well what a pain that is.

13. YOU are off for sure - to the races that is, Outstanding series Mike!

14. Thanks to all who took the time to look and comment. I appreciate the kind words and input on my processing issues. I'm curious of those that commented on the images if you are using Firefox 3 as a browser? If so did you turn on the color space identification doohicky? I'm kind of surprised that so many suggested a boost in contrast. This monitor is very contrasty and brights so I backed down both a good bit. If anything I would think making contrast look correct on my monitor would over do it here?? Will take a closer look at this all. Need to find a calibrator that will work with wide gamut monitors. Great..anotehr expense. LOL. Thanks again folks...and good so see so many familiar faces . Looking forward to seeing you all again at the next MI shoot.

15. Nice Captures, I would play a bit with White Balance 5600 to 5300 should be about right!!

16. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Mike I like the fourth one with the sun hitting it like that. and I have got to be more careful where I go snorkeling....I didn't know that they went after such big prey!

17. Thanks Gary. Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2008
  18. tHANKS

:eek: 

TURN ABOUT .........

iS FAIR PLAY. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.