LiL' OSPREY WHISPERIN'

Wonderful captures! Would you believe I got an osprey and didn't know what it was! Keep em comin when you can! I chuckled at the swim mask in the nest - that was hard down funny! Every photo is nice and sharp like those talons! :eek::biggrin:

The captures are incredible Mike!
The first few seem like they could use more contrast. The last few are fine.
hmmm...
Fred

all you guys sure get up close to these guys ,,, closest I got was across the lake ,,, hahaha,,, first couple on the light side but the rest seemed in there,, great captures ,,, I got to get me some of these in action to catch up to you guys

Real Name
Colin Carter
superb shots well captured, add a little more contrast to the first few and you are good to go.

Beautiful birds Osprey, one of my favourite.

D

DW Brewer

Mike:
Good to see a post from you and know you're alive and kickin'!! Glad to see you got your camera issues resolved and are back imaging. Can't help[ you much with the computer issues. Your summer sun is so much more brighter than ours here, it's hard to relate. The colors look okay, but the exposure might be a little overdone (the images lack you usual contrast).
Hey, before I forget, I got into some BCNH yyesterday. Not your "tame birds, mind you, but we did okay. Check out the thread.

Really nice shots and if the contrast was boosted a tade I think it would help. Hope your computer gets fixed soon. I know all to well what a pain that is.

Thanks to all who took the time to look and comment. I appreciate the kind words and input on my processing issues. I'm curious of those that commented on the images if you are using Firefox 3 as a browser? If so did you turn on the color space identification doohicky? I'm kind of surprised that so many suggested a boost in contrast. This monitor is very contrasty and brights so I backed down both a good bit. If anything I would think making contrast look correct on my monitor would over do it here?? Will take a closer look at this all. Need to find a calibrator that will work with wide gamut monitors. Great..anotehr expense. LOL. Thanks again folks...and good so see so many familiar faces . Looking forward to seeing you all again at the next MI shoot.

Mike I like the fourth one with the sun hitting it like that. and I have got to be more careful where I go snorkeling....I didn't know that they went after such big prey!

Latest threads

Top Bottom