Lilies and lillypads

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin Scott, May 8, 2005.

1. Flowers may not be as popular here as the birds but I'll post this anyway. :wink: This was taken at Tibet Butler Preserve in Orlando. It's a series of hiking trails and part of the Florida Birding Trails. This was from a wooden walkway that crosses a bog/swamp. It was pretty dark in there but some rays of sun made their way through. I was struck by the contrast of the blue sky reflecting in the water and the bright green leaves of the lilypads.

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    oooohhhh Those are pretty.

I have tried to find those .. I did shoot one. EEEKKK

Well you have just been entertaining me alot..

Keep them coming.

3. Hi Gale,
    Thanks for the nice words. I've always been intrigued by shots of the lotus. These are the closest I'll probably find. You should come over sometime and we can go out there. At the end of the trail there's a large pavilion built over a huge pond. Off in the distance are huge cypress and pine trees that are home to Osprey. Beyond the trees is Lake Tibet, or Lake Butler, I forget. :? It's a nice leisurely walk and the afternoon sun makes for beautiful colors. Just need something longer than the 200mm.