Lilly with sunset glow

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by BostonRott, Jul 13, 2007.

1. As the sun was sinking rapidly, I happened to look up at our lillies, and they were just glowing in this gorgeous warm light. Grabbed the tripod, the MC-36 cord, and set the D200 to Mup. (See, I can be trained!! :tongue:). Have to admit, it was tough getting the focus manually in such low light!

D200, 105/2.8D micro (non VR), ISO 200 1/2 sec at f/8

1 sec, f/8, ISO 200
    View attachment 105892

Comment/suggestions are always welcomed!! :smile:
  2. Pretty color. I like #2 best. Thanks for sharing them.
  3. Thank you Tom! :smile:
  4. _Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    #1 is my favorite. Love how you captured the light. Very, very well done. Thanks for sharing.
  5. tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Very pretty shots.
  6. Very dreamy. Number two is my favorite too!!
  7. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Both are well done and pretty
    I do like one best.
    Because I am just not a micro macro gal:>)))
  8. Thank you Jorge for your kind comments. :smile: That is what I was trying to do, capture that light/glow. :smile:

They're not dogs, but they were fun. :tongue:

Thank you Crystall. The light was almost surreal at the time of the photograph.

Thanks Gale!! :smile:
  9. these are lovely! your efforts in technique paid off nicely here
  10. I still find myself very frustrated when using my tripod. I do wonder if I should put the center column back in (took it out for stability increase), and I'm sure for macro, a focusing rail would be nice. :rolleyes:

It seems with the tripod that it's very difficult to get at just the right angle to whatever I'm trying to shoot, and not trample other things in the garden. These happen to be out on their own, so much easier to work around.