Lily our 5 week old puppies mother crossed the rainbow bridge today

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
It is so difficult to write this with tears in my eyes. This loving wonderful member of our family passed away due to a tragic accident here at home. My wife and I were gone when it happened. This was the most loving and sweet dog. The current litter are her puppies. She was only 5 years old. I wish I could express what she meant to us. Rest in Peace Lily. We love you.
DSC_4174.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Mike
I am truly sorry to hear this. I've shared my entire life with dogs and can certainly relate to and understand your pain.
It's extra tragic considering her age and that her passing was accidental :(
We lost our Dane pup at 22 months this December past to kidney failure. She's the one featured as my Avatar here.
I realize it is so soon but would you consider keeping one of her pups?
I am sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear this tragic news, as I know it must be heart-wrenching for you to lose Lily so young & especially to an accident.

"The saddest moment in life is when the one who gave you the best memories becomes a memory!"
R.I.P. ( Run in Paradise ) Lily... ???

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
Thank all of you for your condolences, concern and love for the loss of my dog Lily. The tears from this tragic loss are still coming. Every week I take photos of the puppies. These photos are posted on different sites. Today I did the 5 week shoot with a special tribute to Lily. It is with her puppies. doing this brought more tears.

DSC_9320.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JLH

I truly understand the pain of loss. In February I had to let my Border Collie go home. She had a challenging life. She suffered a terrible accident when she was only two years old. I nursed her through that, a slow and painful process for her. Then later she developed epilepsy which took away her wonderful athletic abilities, the thing she lived for. Last year she became diabetic and nearly died. She went blind and slowly faded away. I had to be her "seeing eye" human and sometimes had to help her up the three stairs to come back into the house. She never loss her happiness and excitement at being alive until that last day when she finally had to just give into the ravages of the disease. I had to make the call to let her go and it hurt so much, even with knowing there was nothing more I could do for her. I tell her story only to share that it was hard to say "good-bye" to a friend who had lived a "full" life. Maggie, even with all her issues and challenges, made it twelve years, average for her breed. I can only imagine the paid of losing a five year old dog to an accident.
Time will ease the pain, but never erase the memory of a wonderful friend. I am very sorry for your loss.

Latest threads

Top Bottom