Limerock 2007 - Numerous Photos

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by vettenut, Aug 2, 2007.

1. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Another enjoyable year at Limerock, the corvettes finished 1,2 in their class and Acura fielded 4 teams in the LMP2 class, great weather and an enjoyable day. Enjoy the photos......Jeff

A few corvettes not in the race

View attachment 109329

One of the early races
    View attachment 109330

The official photographers were busy
    View attachment 109331

View attachment 109332

Ferrari Red....
    View attachment 109333

Acura's first appearance at Limerock
    View attachment 109334

View attachment 109335

Close quarters........
    View attachment 109336

View attachment 109337

Getting ready to restart
    View attachment 109338

2. Ooohhh, JEFF! Now those get my motor running, WOW! The last one is just way too cool too, not that the first two of the classic Vette and the new Vette aren't spectacular too. I got a chance to see the new Vette when it was in clay about 5 years ago, I swear it was like I was stealing, oooh.

I'm shooting the NASCAR event at MIS in two weeks so I hope I get some shots that are half as cool as yours. CONGRATS! Vroom, vroom...

3. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Thanks for the nice words Steve, I wish you all the best with your photo endeavors. I had a tougher time taking pics this year because I used the 300mm F4 for a lot of the shots and I only have a ball head on my tripod so I had to basically focus on a small area and try to get the cars in the frame which is real tough. I eventually switched to the 18-200mmVR which for Limerock where you can be pretty close to the action is more appropriate (in my opinion). A long lens is great if you have a good angle on the track like the pro's where the car slow down a bit and you fill the frame. - Jeff

4. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Jeff great photos. I have'nt been to Lime Rock since the late 80's. Still looks like a nice track. I went to the Champ car steert race in San Jose last weekend. I much prefer the road courses.

5. great photos Jeff, that is a nice 'little' track, isn't it? When I owned MINI Cooper there were several events I went to down there.

6. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT

7. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Hi Chris, I would imagine you could have a bit of fun with a Mini Cooper on that track, saw quite a few of them in the parking lot (new models of course). They are trying to create a club at the track to raise money for improvements, all you need is $100,000 to start with.:smile:- Jeff

8. Jeff,

I like these. Partly because I like cars, partly because...

baseball players and soccer players up here spend so much time in the mud or dirt that the colour get's washed out. Maybe we could get a thread going about colourful dirt.:wink: