Limpkins at Viera

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Another couple of shots from Viera Wetlands. I think these are Limpkins.

52618502.Limpkin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Louie

2. That's the Limpkin, alright! Great shots, especially #1. Glad to see you got so many phenomenal shots in our little corner of birdy heaven. Hope you'll make the trip back down in Feb!!

3. Louis,
    These are very nice. Number one is just great!
    Dave

4. Thanks Dave. The variety of wildlife I saw while visiting Viera was incredible.

5. That had to be an exciting opportunity for you. After looking again, number 3 is now my favorite! almost a 3D effect.

6. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots of one of my favorite birds. This is one catch none of your local friends will be able to match w/o a trip to florida.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Louis,
    I love the second one with the snail.
    Limpy doing what he does best :>)) Our waters are getting to many of those snails and they evidently multiply fast. We need more snail eating birds. Not to many Limpkins out there. Glad you got to see it.
    So sorry I missed you. I was planning to shoot with you and Harry after work that day. Called Harry when I got home and he told me you could not stay.
    Maybe next time.

8. Thanks everyone's comments, coming from those that have set the bar pretty high, means a lot to me. For sure next Gale, and there is going to be next time.

You're right Harry, not many Limpkins up here in Seattle. I'm still going through my CF's, it's like doing the trip all over again.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Yep you got me here Louie :biggrin:
    some fine shots of that Limpkin and I guess I will have to come to you if I'm ever gonna add this bird to my collection!