1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Linda

Discussion in 'People' started by Jim Strathearn, Apr 17, 2007.

1. I've been trying to figure out how to do portraits. I used a SB-800, off camera high and to the left with a clear Fong ball, window light to the right and a small directional hair light top right, and set the WB with an Expodisc. Let me know what you think: (D2H, 50mm f/1.8, 1/125 at f/1.8, 200 ISO)

[​IMG]

2. What do YOU think? It's your shot, you should strive to please yourself.

If you're happy I'm glad I could be of some help.

3. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Defintely 'pops' more than the first one.

4. I think the histogram is better, and I took a lesson from this to some of my other work. But I think this particular image is now too bright. I was looking for a more low-key (is that the correct term???) look. I also think that the first looks better in print then the second, but then again, my intention was for a lower key image. I guess what I need to do is adjust my lighting so that when the histogram is correct, the image has the look I want. Does this make sense?

5. Thanks Simon. It does have more pop...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.