Lining up for landing...GBH

From the looks of the shadow, it appears this guy was first communicating with the tower and then lining up the landing. :D

Tower -- I'm not quite lined up...

43592448.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Finally on the line -- Landing Gear coming down...

View attachment 9213

And here's the beautiful bird before takeoff...

View attachment 9214

I never get tired of photographing this guy even though I see him almost every day.

Excellent shots Don. I got about 500 shots of these guys today, but the weather was horrible (foggy and overcast) so I don't know if I got any decent shots yet or not.

Frank -- Thanks for the comments! I'll look forward to seeing some of yours posted soon -- despite the bad weather, I'm sure you'll have some good ones from what I've seen of your posts.

svenmichiels said:
Great shots, I prefer the last one

Sven Michiels

Thanks for the feedback, Sven! I like the way these birds stand so gracefully around the edge of the pond when they're not feeding, so I like the last one also.

greyflash said:
Hey Don, cute captions to your images. Very neat.

Thanks, Gordon! I have to do something to keep the shots interesting with this guy since I get so many chances to shoot him. :D :D The one shot I don't have yet is of him catching a fish. I see it frequently, but he's always in the wrong spot (right behind my fence where the angle is bad and I'd scare him away). I'll just keep trying!

Thanks, Keith! I was shooting at one of the worst times of the day with the sun almost directly overhead, so the shadow was a nice bonus.

Latest threads

Top Bottom