(link modified) Brandenburg Gate at night

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bkaushik, May 11, 2007.

1. Hi,

Just modified the link and have provided static link from flickr instead of google. Hope it would be visible now...

Brandenburg Gate at night... (Berlin, Germany)
    The sandstone construction, built from 1788–91 to plans by C.G. Langhans, has 12 Doric columns and is based on the propylaeum of the Acropolis in Athens.

494183097_4d97d58a58_o.

Another view ...

View attachment 95072

C & C welcome .... !

Both images made with Nikon D70s + Nikkor 50mm f/1.8

(Dont remember the exif details but can check up if need be)

regards,
    Kaushik

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2007
  2. I'm just getting red-X.
    Look forward to seeing them!

Don

3. I just see a skinny black line. :frown: Would love to see the shots!!! :smile:

4. I see the shots now. Really nice. Well done.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    red x

6. Mee too.
    I could watch the pictures by downloading and viewing externally. I guess the server is sending them out with incorrect MIME type (just a guess).
    The pictures look a bit dark to me, but maybe that was intended as it gives them a special mood?

And it hides the crowd before the gate... :biggrin: Looks crowded as usual, taking pictures of the gate without loads of people in front can be a real challenge. :wink:

7. Hi,

Is there any problem in viewing the images .... ? Coz, I am able to view it here on my screen on the same url.

I also cud not understand the term "red - X" ...
    any help ....

rgds,
    Kaushik

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I am not sure you can embed an image from google.
    Maybe a link....

9. When a browser cannot display a photo it puts a square with a red x in the center.

Don

10. Thank you Gale and Don for the feedback regarding the non-availability of the image. Have now attached same image by linking it to flickr instead of google.

:smile:

rgds,
    Kaushik

11. Perfectly said Daniel. A beauty that it is, its always crowded with tourists...

rgds,
    Kaushik

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Now your cooking

Beautiful images:)))

13. Cool shots! I like the vibrant colors

I think I should visit there sometime.....:Crunk:

14. Both are terrific, but the second one to me is perfect. Thanks.

15. WOW!! Those are gorgeous!! Really makes me wish we had made it to Berlin when we visited Leipzig.

16. Thank you people...
    Shall post some more from the Berlin trip.

rgds,

17. Good job, but first one should have a little more light.

18. I wish I could get a large print of that first one. I was there in 1988 before the fall. Lost my pictures to juvenile stupidity. I have a thing for Checkpoint Charile and the history surrounding it.

19. Arif

Arif Guest

Nice pictures and good alignment. Thank you for sharing.
    best wishes,
    Arif

20. I really like the first shot. The dark for me is perfect. Brandenburg Gate brings up and odd set of emotions in me, well done.