Linn Cove Viaduct, Blue Ridge Parkway

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Pastorbbc, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Typical place for fall shots . . I decided to try a summer black and white photo of the viaduct. d500 and 24-120

37012860762_100f897df6_h. DSC_1321 by David Mills, on Flickr

2. Very nice combination of the subject sandwiched by layers in the background and beautiful light in the foreground.

3. Fortuitous lighting and well taken shot. Love the depth depicted in this image.

4. Thanks Mike and Gordon

5. Nicely done...a bit of a different take on an iconic subject. Great depth in the frame due to the wide variance in tones.

Glenn

6. And I also like the beam of light coming down onto the viaduct.

7. Very nice--makes me sit and think.

8. Thanks Glenn, Nick and Allan . . It is a very nice trail with several overlooks.

9. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign

Mar 14, 2017
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    I grew up near this section of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and visited the exact spot the photo was taken from many times over the years. Its refreshing to see a photo of the Viaduct that’s not the typical “idealized” landscape shot. It really captures the feel of the area that i remember experiencing so many times. Great work!

10. Thanks Aaron. My wife and I are only 45 min from this spot and visit it and many others often. It is a great part of the world to live.