Lint in viewfinder...

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Donzo98, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I have a small piece of lint, fiber in my viewfinder of my D3 at about 5:00 position.

Yes... I know it won't effect anything other than being an annoyance... but how do I get it out? Blower? I just don't want to make a small problem a bigger one...

Every time in look in there my eye goes right to it... :mad:

2. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Got a rocket Blower??

Do NOT use canned air...that will for sure make it worse. And don't breathe into the chamber either...it's another sure fire way to cause problems.

If you don't have a rocket blower, you can try a turkey baster if it's clean and plastic (metal scratches too easily) or if you plan on hitting Oceanside, I'll bring a blower with me.

BTW, if the fuzz appears clear in the VF, it's on your focus screen. If it is OOF, it's on your mirror. If you see it only in your images, it's on your sensor.

Also, off topic... Always willing to learn and try something new, I shot last nights swim meet in 51pt Dynamic (not 3D) will all the other settings as I had sent you... It rocked!! I fully expected the splashing to cause AF to freak with that many sensor active but it yielded far better results than 9 or 21 pt...

3. I had a piece behind the eye piece. I closed the little latch "shutter" behind it and unscrewed the rubber ring, opened up the "shutter" again and blew it out. No worries.