Lip Smackin' Good

Discussion in 'Birds' started by GonzoBernelli, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Here "our" LGH fron the BBSP shoot with PJohnP 6/02/07. Another photo that is self-titling, but until I viewed at 100%, I never noticed the fish tail-fin hanging out the other side of its beak. I'm supposing here the LGH is positioning the fish for the swallow - using its tongue rather that doing a "flip"

LGH_LipSmakingGood_6025.

400mm, f2.8, 1/2500 in full sun

2. Great Shot Nick, Fantastic detail and color

3. Fantasic image, Nick. That one would look great on the wall.

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Wow, these make my GH shots look like they came from a small P&S camera. Excellent!

5. peet,
    Thanks for the kind words. From the "head fuzz" on your LGHs, I think they were juvies and may not yet have developed their full adult coloration yet. Also, diet may play some part in their coloration.

David and Gary.
    Thanks much - I keep trying to improve...
    Nick

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice
    Yes I have noticed they use thier tongue to maneuver thier catch. Interesting what you can see with a photo that the eye does not see
    Pretty shot

7. Thanks for the confirmation of my supposition (and photo compliment), Gale.

8. Awesome shot. Very seldom do you get to see the green like that, or at the very least cpature it.

9. Great capture, Nick. Beautiful!

10. Beautiful shot Nick.

Thanks for sharing

Lil

11. Terrfic shot Nick.

Louie

12. Excellent shot...almost looks 3D!

Anthony

13. Thanks to all who have commented - I think I've just found my second photo for the club contest Tuesday next.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.