Liquid Fireworks

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Uncle Frank, Oct 5, 2005.

1. I visited a mall in the Boston area that featured a "Liquid Fireworks" display. It's a fountain that has multiple, controllable nozzles, and the streams of water are illuminated with various colored lights. The patterns and lights are coordinated with music that's blasting from huge Bose speakers. I can't share the music, but here are some of the visuals. Note that the streams of water reach heights of about 30 feet.

View attachment 16303
    View attachment 16304
    View attachment 16305
    View attachment 16306
    View attachment 16307
    View attachment 16308
    View attachment 16309
    View attachment 16310
    View attachment 16311
    View attachment 16312
    View attachment 16313
    View attachment 16314

The shots were taken in manual mode at ISO800, using the 28-70/2.8 lens.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Thanks, Paul. I'm thinking of using this series as a screen saver. Feel free to right click them if you'd like to do the same.

4. Excellent art Frank. Great eye for that manual mode and high ISO.
    Just a question for you... Is Da Beast glued to your D70??? :biggrin: :wink:

5. Wonderful shots Frank. They really do look like fireworks!

6. Sometimes I think it might as well be, Panos. But I did find the occasional use for my 80-200/1.4x TC combo during my holiday.

View attachment 16316

7. I used to watch a water display like this in Germany when I live there. It is really neat when accompanied by the music. Love your birdie shots as well.

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Very nice captures!

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hey! Nice catch Frank, shooting something like that can be tough. We have such a fountain at Chandler Mall, and the kids love to go there. The water always overshoots it's pool, so a large group of kids forms where the spillage is anticipated. Then they can scream and run when it laps over them!

I'm usually too busy trying to keep S & O from going into the pool. I'll have to ask Becky to stop shopping for a few, and try my hand at this - it looks like good exercise! :biggrin:

10. srullik

srullik Guest

Frank - It's just stunning. I can't even try to imagine what is like to be standing there and viewing this thing with the music.