1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Little birdies from the porch...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jim Strathearn, May 10, 2011.

1. It's been quite a while since I posted any pics here. Heck - it's been quite a while since I photographed little birdies! I forgot how relaxing it is and have been shooting them again lately. Here are a few - all with the Nikon D2H, Nikon 500mm f/4 P (wide open), Nikon TC16a:

D2H4378a-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not cropped, not sharpened in PS. At just about the minimum focus distance...

D2H4406a-L.jpg

He's back...

D2H4175-L.jpg

And to think that I almost sold this lens. What was I thinking?????

2. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Nice work Jim. But you should throw away that old lens. I could probably pay you shipping if you wanted to send it south.:smile::smile:

3. LOL! I almost sold it to get a 70-200 VR lens...

4. These are pretty darn nice. Good you came to your senses in re that 500.....:wink:

5. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    It is fun isn't it Jim,nice shots to boot...now get out there and lets see more:biggrin:

6. rcooper

rcooper Subscribing Member

Jan 12, 2008
    elba,al
    Ralph
    These are very good.

7. Thanks All! I am glad I kept the lens... ;-)

8. pbjunkiee

pbjunkiee

Oct 11, 2010
    Destin, Fl
    really makes me miss my d2hs :( 

9. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Well, you've certainly shown what "old" equipment can do. These are crisp and beautiful. The light in all of them is really nice.

10. Wow! Beautiful crisp shots with your old lens. You must have great eyes too;) 

11. jeriann3

jeriann3

Jan 12, 2006
    Huntsville AL
    very nice! Vibrant colors and sharp details, right from home, what more can u ask for :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.