Little bitty Spider

Full frame, 60 mm 2.8 and 56 mm tubes, on board flash w/diffuser 1/250 sec, F18, Hand held. Thanks Duncan.:smile:

The ISO was a bit high, for some reason I never remember to check settings before I shoot. Does anyone else forget also???:frown:

The spider is 14 mm from leg tip to leg tip.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm not a big fan of spiders... they're just creepy. I would actually like to see a picture from the topside .

Nice shot Tom. Excellent detail. Would love to see one from the other side too. About the ISO thing. Well, yes I do. :redface:

UUUUURRRGG!! Dial up!~ My DSL crashed today:frown:

I'm not a big fan of spiders... they're just creepy. I would actually like to see a picture from the topside .
I shot the topside the night before, there was very little detail, the eyes were very small, just a fuzz ball, so I was happy to find him with the other side showing, it is a bit more interesting. I was really just practicing my technique, but liked this shot.

It is one of the Araneus species.

Bob F.
Thanks for the ID Bob. I have not been able to get out much, but my front porch is a little ecosystem and I have been practicing there.

Nice lighting!
Thanks, thats my milk jug diffuser.:smile:

Nice shot Tom. Excellent detail. Would love to see one from the other side too. About the ISO thing. Well, yes I do. :redface:
I had been shooting hummers in poor light and forgot to check my settings:frown:

I forget a lot more than that :wink:

Nice Capture, you must have been very close to your subject!
I was about 2/3 inches away.:eek:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom