1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Little bitty Spider

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by TomP, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Full frame, 60 mm 2.8 and 56 mm tubes, on board flash w/diffuser 1/250 sec, F18, Hand held. Thanks Duncan.:smile:

The ISO was a bit high, for some reason I never remember to check settings before I shoot. Does anyone else forget also???:frown:

The spider is 14 mm from leg tip to leg tip.
    large.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    I'm not a big fan of spiders... they're just creepy. I would actually like to see a picture from the topside .

3. It is one of the Araneus species.

Bob F.

4. Nice lighting!

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Nice shot Tom. Excellent detail. Would love to see one from the other side too. About the ISO thing. Well, yes I do. :redface:

6. I forget a lot more than that :wink:

Nice Capture, you must have been very close to your subject!

7. UUUUURRRGG!! Dial up!~ My DSL crashed today:frown:

I shot the topside the night before, there was very little detail, the eyes were very small, just a fuzz ball, so I was happy to find him with the other side showing, it is a bit more interesting. I was really just practicing my technique, but liked this shot.

Thanks for the ID Bob. I have not been able to get out much, but my front porch is a little ecosystem and I have been practicing there.

Thanks, thats my milk jug diffuser.:smile:

I had been shooting hummers in poor light and forgot to check my settings:frown:

I was about 2/3 inches away.:eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.