Little Brown Heron with a Dragon Fly Lunch

I watch this little guy for some time and he was literally stalking the Dragon Flies that were buzzing around.

47762785.DSC_1681.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

He's got'em in his sights.
47762786.DSC_1661.jpg

And he's got him.
47762787.DSC_1647.jpg

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I know that they aren't the sharpest photos.

Jim, I actually took them last Thursday. I went over around 3:30 to meet Bill. I was out on the dock, Bill hadn't shown up yet and I was about to leave when, the GBH caught the fish and the LGH was along the dock putting on a show of his own. A little before 6pm I left for my car and ran into Bill in the parking lot. We then went back down for a while but nothing much happened while I was there.

I got some real opportunities to catch the LBH flying, but I was out of focus for the most part so I'm not to pleased with them.

I just got my TC1.7EII so I'm thinking of going over there early this afternoon for a bit to try it out.

Cool series Louis!!! I didnt see the dragon fly in the second shot till just now, then we all know what happened in the third shot. LOL.............COOL!

You guys all make me sick. "Great Shot, Louis"..."Caught the Series, Louis"..."Performed for you, Louis"...yada-yada-yada.....

Louis walks up to the parking lot where we are all yacking away and says "GBH, 40 foot long fish he ate while I watched!" .... "Little Heron with Dragonflies"... Did Louis bother to come and find his "friends" when all this was going on :?: :?: :?: :?: NOOOOOO, of course not, he stayed there to take great pictures, leaving us out in the cold. I don't even think he yelled for us. We went down, stayed for 2 more hours, the dang GBH never turned around again after eating that huge fish, and the LGH was nowhere to be seen. And THEN what does Louis go and do, but posts these here, just to annoy me even further, grrrrrrr.

Well, all I can say is:

1. Great Job Louis
2. Super Pictures
3. Great story
4. And I would have done EXACTO-MUNDO the same darn thing :wink: . But I'd claim I was hollering for the rest of you all the while :lol: :lol:

ps. If this sound like I am jealous, as they say here in Ballard, Sure ya' Betcha :!:

You mean you didn't hear me yelling for you to come on down. I finally had to stop I was scaring the GBH. :lol:

The truth is, if it weren't for you Bill, I probably would never have come to find this location so close to home. So the next time I happen upon a shooting situation like this, I'll yell louder.

Well...The LGH seems to put on a show for Louis consistently.

Yesterday I met him at the park. Before he came there, I took a walk along the boardwalk and did NOT see anything except a couple of warblers (?) flying around. I did not even bother to try shooting (ya know.. with a camera). I could barely follow them with my eye. :)

He comes there and we head to the center boardwalk and BINGO! the LGH was there in a couple of minutes to pose for him. I have decided to never visit the park without Louis :)

The other day when we were chatting in the parking lot, I thought we were waiting for Louis to come TO the park and not FROM the park. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom