Little daisies for Gale

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale liked the other daisies I took over the weekend. So when I was out on my afternoon walk w/my kids, I shot a few pictures w/Gale in mind. These are from the same shot, just different crops.....let me know what you all think....Hope you enjoy!

20688846-L.

20688847-L.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Leagh,

Absoulutely beautiful.

Perfectttttttttttttttttttt.

Great work.

3. Beautiful shots, Leigh. I like the #1 crop better than the #2. For me, the #1 shows better balance between the white mass of flowers and the darker background. Good work.

4. Beautiful images Leigh. I think my favorite is #1.

5. Wonderful, Leigh!! :D :D :D

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Leigh. I like the great bokeh. That's not easy to get with a cam like the CP. What was your aperture on these?

Frank

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone! I'm so happy you enjoyed these!

Focal length: 71mm
    Exposure mode: Programmed Auto
    Metering Mode: Multi Pattern
    1/79.8sec-F/5.9
    White balance: Auto

I pretty much had it set to the macro setting and just let the camera do it's thing in the Programmed Auto mode. I know that is kind of cheating, but right now it works for me. And when I have the kids w/me, I don't really have much time to mess w/settings. I see something I want to shoot and I go for it.
    Thanks for looking.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice shot Leigh! Yeah the crop looks better than the full frame to me too. My little dirty secret is that I sometimes use P mode on my dSLR. (I will now run and hide in shame... not.) ;)

9. "I see something I want to shoot and I go for it. "

It is what you see that delights us.

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thank you! That just makes my day. I know what I like, but it's an added bonus when someone else likes what I shoot as well. And having seen your pictures, I'm doubly flattered!